PDA

View Full Version : Where to download music from?

InVinCiBLe
02-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Hello guys,

I want to know a safe place where I can download music and movies for free. I already tried BitTorrent and I don't like it. There is no selection when it comes to movies or songs. For those of you guys who know about the site suprnova.org, they changed it to something called eXeeM. I want to know if this 'eXeeM' is safe and how to use it. Also, please list other programs that allow me to download free music safely. Can someone tell me again if Limewire is safe to use? And what is WinMX... and is it safe to use?

On another note, I recently compared ITunes to Napster. This is what I have found out. ITunes is $.99 per song indefinetely while Napster has three different versions. The first version is Napster Light which is exactly like ITunes. The second version is called Napster which is $10.00/month for unlimited downloads onto the computer. The last version is called Napster To Go which costs $15.00/month. This version is almost like normal Napster except that you can transfer songs onto you mp3 player.

Would someone please care to explain what the difference between Napster and Napster To Go is? Can I still burn music or transfer music onto my mp3 player if I only used normal Napster? Also, is there a $.99 fee for each song that I download?

THX

Hi BOb
02-15-2005, 08:07 AM
I told you limewire

SolarEclipz
02-15-2005, 01:36 PM
WinMX is good for music. Not for movies.
WinMX is good coz it doesnt have spywere and I havent noticted anything bad about it.

As for the movies. Hmm... Might wanna try BearShare.
I know lots of people that have gotten music/movies/games/OS's/programs.

Other then that Limewire I guess. I never used it before.

BT Is still good if you know the right sites. But recently there being shut down.

Bearshare works like BT. Coz your getting seeds or something. Idk. But it works good, and you can get some fast DL's.

MaStEr~X
02-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Go and exchange some "Federal Reserve Notes" over at the local music/video store.

InVinCiBLe
02-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Go and exchange some "Federal Reserve Notes" over at the local music/video store.

By "Federal Reserve Notes" are you referring to government bonds or United States currency?

SolarEclipz
02-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Hmm I know someone that uses eXeeM to dl music. He was explaining to me as I'm doing homework so...

its like BT,
But instead of doing a p2p, i guess its on a server
and eXeeM checks the seeds before there uploaded.

InVinCiBLe
02-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Okay, so I have downloaded BearShare and found it extremely useful. There is so much more variety in BearShare than in BT. For those of you guys who use BearShare... if you are searching for an entire album(not only the single song), is there a special way to do it? I am asking this because BearShare searches are only yielding single songs rather than the entire album.

Kitch
02-18-2005, 01:35 AM
http://www.torrentspy.com
Or why not get K++ Lite Ressurection? Its like the 10th incarnation of Kazaa, but its still free+no spyware and a huge network.

Caladium
02-18-2005, 12:34 PM
^^^^ Yeah, kazaa lite resurrection gets my vote. Its great, simply great.

BT is also good, bi-torrent.com is a supernova mirror, so its got tons of stuff

Kitch
02-19-2005, 01:10 AM
That bi-torrent place looks pretty good, but they're not as organized as suprnova was. Still though, good alt to suprnova.

XtremeSh00ter
02-20-2005, 01:49 PM
omg its me guys, how are u all??? i still play but on diff server. hi bob got me to play tfc with him yesterday. o yea so back to discussion. Dont use winmx anymore, artists made it so its very hard to find songs on there. example u type lil jon it comes up with 1000+ songs in a second and then it freezes ur program. So i switched to limewire which is very good so far.

Liggy
02-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Emule. yeah.