PDA

View Full Version : Reimaging and OS Installation Problems

RoDenT
03-10-2005, 09:14 AM
I work at an elementary school in the IT Department and we have this one computer that I have spent probably 4 hours working on. I am trying to reimage the computer to the Library Image we created in February. I have tried 5 different hard drives. 10GB - 20GB. All say they have inssufficient size to install the image on when i try to install it. All the other library computers run on a 20GB harddrive but only use about 6GB of space in total. So I want to get this to run on a 10GB harddrive. I've tried doing a clean install of win2k without putting the image on, just putting the OS only on without any extra software. The harddrive will format fine, but when it comes to setting up win2k after the reboot ill get the blue screen of death. This happens with all the harddrives. I have tried many different win2k CDs we have the school so it can't be a CD issue. The hard drives seem to run fine. I am completely stumped.

Fixed, thanks Paul

HostMaster
03-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Thank you for single-handedly saving your job? Your welcome Rodent. :p

RoDenT
03-11-2005, 08:15 AM
exactly right =P

UrbanMerc |- Godsend
03-25-2005, 01:08 PM
what are the specs of the computer. some old rigs can't take a hd over 8gb, though i doubt thats the problem.

do a googlesearch for memtest86 and run it on the rig in question. BSOd's during OS install generally point to failing hardware. the one time i got a bsod during an OS install i ended up with faulty ram.

also replace try replacing all the IDE cables and if you can check the voltages coming out othe psu. if the psu is dieing it can cause bsod's