PDA

View Full Version : Sever needs more admins

KillerRabbit
03-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Theres been such a huge increase in hackers its not funny.. just today there were about 11 :mad: (2 i was only 75% sure on) anways the only admin I saw today was kitch thats ONE admin for NINE hackers.. and he only banned 2 because he left before the other hackers came on. Kitch banned 4 the other night, and I think he agrees with me on needing more admins.

jellydoughnut217
03-12-2005, 09:12 PM
I agree with killer on this one if u look me and killer have been tryin to get people banned all day and were doin more than any admin so GET MORE THE SERVER ISNT FUN NE MORE 9 HACKERS THAT I SAW TODAY AND I DIDNT EVEN PLAY MUCH

KillerRabbit
03-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Its offical! that makes 13 hackers in one day. Most on at the same time 3! I'm going to bed ive spent to much time recording demos.

HostMaster
03-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Killer Rabit is a demo recording maniac today. Somebody ban all of the hackers he's reported. Seems now is the perfect time for VAC2, I hope they roll that out soon and ban all these hackers for a year.

KillerRabbit
03-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Host lol, I broke the upload system with all the demos :eek:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the PD Gaming database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Kitch
03-13-2005, 11:41 PM
Back on topic though, I'd have to agree with Killer. As far as I know, the only admins are me, and Invinc. Not counting MX and HM of course.

But even if there are more then I can remember, the server is just not aquetly covered. A month ago, yes, it was. But recently, for whatever reason, cheaters have decided to flock to the server. Blame it on the awsome ping, or whatever, but the server attracts cheaters. And not the kind that hide their AA or wallhack, the blantent speed hack + autoaiming with a TMP kind that literally empty the server after about 5 rounds.

Its to the point where there should be at least 1 admin in the server at any given time, unfortunately. I try to cover it as much as I can, but between work and school and a girlfriend, I have maybe an hour or 2 a day I can play. The other day though, I was in and out of the server all day and I think I banned about 4 cheaters that day, and those are the ones I caught. After I went to work, I guess Killer demo'd about 15 more.

Anyways, since I'm supporting the "more admins" thing, I have to stress one point. Quality over quanity. Back at 1.6, there was a admin recruiting fad or something, we had about 3 admins on at any given time, and it led to arguements, and power struggles, and just a lot of bad stuff. I'd much rather be short on admins then have too many idiot admins.

HostMaster
03-14-2005, 01:14 AM
KillerRabbit. I got about a dozen emails because you were trying to upload demo's too big MySQL didn't like em.

As far as Admins, we probably do need some... Admin applications are open for all to view, start a thread and talk about who you think will be best and we'll make a decision off of that. The closest thing to people's choice you'll find here. lol

HostMaster has VETO powers!

RoDenT
03-14-2005, 07:48 AM
With this problem, I will make sure I find room in my day to be on the server everyday that is possible. Wednesdays are damn near impossible though. But everyday other than wednesday I will be there. Kitch and Invinc can't be there all the time, they have their own lives. The reason why I haven't been there as much is because I had other priorities to attend to and I figured we had more admins to cover the job. I will be on as much as possible now.

Caboose
03-17-2005, 07:22 PM
I'd comeon and help with the demos, but i got the i-net takin for week days but i have it on weekends, I'll start to play more and help you 2 out on the demos...

HmniQ
03-19-2005, 06:24 PM
I may finally be getting Source. Sorry for the delay guys, it will be good to be back.

K.O
03-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Hell I'll be an admin. This is how the BBr server got "destroyed" ... Was flooded with too many hackers daily. Some bastard is ruining my name right now. -_-

Hooters
03-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Well it's true, i was on for like 30 min today and saw bout 3-4 aim bots. But yea I def. don't have the time to be admin, sorry. Though some more admins would help out greatly. Just my 2 cents, and im out.

InVinCiBLe
03-21-2005, 08:02 AM
UOP rejected me... those bastards.

Hi BOb
03-21-2005, 08:15 AM
I would be an admin but I dont even have source yet.. but when I do I'll gladly be admin once again.

Hooters
03-21-2005, 09:38 AM
UOP would reject me if i was to apply this year too. The would have rejected most everyone in my class if we were to apply for this coming year. I think last year freshman's class average gpa was a 3.6 unweighted and min. with exceptions was 3.4 so don't feel so bad. Go to jr college and come back up, we got a good b-ball team and know how to be college students...

InVinCiBLe
03-21-2005, 05:06 PM
That's okay, I surpassed the 3.6 GPA. I applied for pre-pharm, so I probably wouldn't have gotten in anways. Also, I've been accepted to Davis, Irvine, and I'm still waiting on USC. I'm probably going to go to Irvine so I can be close to Master~X.

Hooters
03-21-2005, 11:35 PM
IC how it is you and MX got one of those things going *wink* hehe. Yea UOP pharm school is hard as heck. Im def. not doing that shiznit.

psycho.mantis.
04-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Hey i'll be an admin for sure. Come see me play if you want to see if I'm up to par, Web-Host. I'd be glad to sport the [pd] tag in front of my name :D ;) . You can IM me on AIM too................. vivalakrew .

-mantis

HmniQ
04-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Hey i'll be an admin for sure. Come see me play if you want to see if I'm up to par, Web-Host. I'd be glad to sport the [pd] tag in front of my name :D ;) . You can IM me on AIM too................. vivalakrew .

-mantis"Web-Host"??

psycho.mantis.
04-05-2005, 04:12 PM
HOSTMASTER jeezus slay me>