PDA

View Full Version : Who is getting the PSP?

InVinCiBLe
03-18-2005, 09:05 PM
http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.aspx

I have been drooling over this thing for 2 years. My friend and I walked into a Gamecrazy store today and I just figured that I would put down what I had in my wallet($60). My mom volunteered to buy it for me... I have no idea why though. Maybe she wants to spoil me before I go off to college. So my question is... does anyone else plan on getting the psp?

THX

jellydoughnut217
03-19-2005, 02:45 PM
i was thinkin about it but then i realized i have no use for it... i dont take long road trips and if im gonna spend 50 bucks on a game its not gonna be on a game i can at least play on a normal screen

InVinCiBLe
03-19-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm only getting it to play MP4s, MP3s, go online, and lastly to play games.

jellydoughnut217
03-19-2005, 04:29 PM
yeah but i laready have an mp3 player that can fit in the palm of my hand idk what mp4s are but i didnt know it had internet access thats pretty cool but hey if my mom said shed buy it for me id get it too

InVinCiBLe
03-19-2005, 04:59 PM
yeah but i laready have an mp3 player that can fit in the palm of my hand idk what mp4s are but i didnt know it had internet access thats pretty cool but hey if my mom said shed buy it for me id get it too
MP4 means you can convert any video files into MP4, send it to your memory stick pro duo(so far, the biggest is 2 gb) and play it. I have already converted The Last Samurai, Family Guy Season 1, and The Incredibles. I plan on bringing it to school and showing it off on the 24th. You can also play UMDs which are the kinda like minidisks but can hold 1.8 gb. The PSP comes with the Spiderman2 movie UMD.

Alt F4
04-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Whoa! Alt F4? That you?

You bet!

Where have you been?

I got a PSP. It takes up most of my free time now.

For serious?

Indeed.

Is the PSP really that awesome? I know it sounds cool but it's like $250 plus $40-50 a game... that's a lot of money.

It is a lot of money, but it is definitely worth it.

Should I hold up a liquour store to buy one?

It'd be worth it, <for legal reasons> but you shouldn't do that </for legal reasons>.

Wow. You're fantastic Alt F4!

Why thank you. And in closing I would just like to say that if you're not searching your couch cushions looking to fund your PSP then you just haven't played one... and also, http://www.c-independent.com/psp.wmv (3.3MB)

InVinCiBLe
04-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Haha, sounds like you had to quit in order to pick up the phone on the SECOND ring. I bought Ape Escape for my PSP. My friends all made fun of me, but I think that it is a very entertaining game. Don't judge a book by its cover.

THX

PS- you can access internet explorer if you have the game Wipeout: Pure.

Alt F4
04-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Ape Escape eh? I rented that game for PS way back in the day but it wasn't compatible with my MAD CATZ dual shock controller. Go figure... never got to play it. Always wanted to. I'm looking for a few new games to pick up and I've considered Ape Escape, Spiderman 2 and Metal Gear Ac!d. I'm just waiting for the next PSM to see the reviews.

PD Gaming Database Error
Database Error Database error
The PD Gaming database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the pdgaming.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The pdgaming.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.