PDA

View Full Version : Game News On PD Gaming?

Hi BOb
12-16-2004, 01:39 PM
Alright 1st things 1st what do I mean by game news on PD Gaming? Well I was thinking.. this is a gaming website so... wheres the game news!? Then I came to a thought. Why don't we have any game news? We have a arcade, why not some news. Now I was thinking of having a updating News place on this webpage. Right now it is only a thought but soon I hope it will be somthing more. People can help by posting about the games reviews and so on. I found a pretty good place for free game news. If you know any we would be happy to take them. I do not think all news sould be about pc games but ps2, xbox, ex. I think this will get more people to the website. If you got any ideas or webpages feel free to post here.
IN and OUT,
Hi BOb

RoDenT
12-16-2004, 02:55 PM
I think it is a pretty good idea, the only problem with it that I have is that it would mean a lot more work. It would just be adding to the stack of things hostmaster has to do and most likely wont get updated that much. There are plenty of gaming news sites around the web. If we could make a news ticker that retrieves news from another site automatically, it would work. That is if someone wants to take the time into making such a thing.

HostMaster
12-16-2004, 03:05 PM
We need to be able to simulcast news off of other sites. Is there a game news site that has it in xml format? A lot of weblogs and PHPNuke systems have this option, then we could just pull the news off their sites.

Post links in this thread for game news sites that have content you'd like to see here. I'll check out if we can just grab it and display it here.

ThEeAsTeRbUnNy
12-16-2004, 03:07 PM
i like ur idea bob i think it could work we jus need more global mods. That way we can do stuff on the forums without having it all on paul's shoulders. but overall i like the idea bob nice post!! :)

Caboose
12-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Great idea, nothin else to it.

Caladium
12-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Yeah it'd be awesome to be able to play space invaders AND look at game news at same time.. :D I feel like an arcade whore now.. :O

Alt F4
12-16-2004, 11:30 PM
I don't care too much for the idea of taking game news from other sites. I think we should have game news that is more relevent to this community. After all, you can go anywhere and find news, but you come to PDG for what we offer. Now, I'm not saying we should shun everyone else's gaming needs; I have them too *cough* PS2 *cough*, but we can't simply reference someone else's work.

Instead, I offer two alternatives:
1). Find a minimum of 3 writers. These writers will make up the PDG press. Their duties will be to inform the PDG community of relevent gaming news. Of course, these writers will have to be accomplished in their work. This means no typos.

2). Create a section of PDG forums dedicated to game news. Members could freely post links to other sites, or write their own gaming news/reviews.

Personally, I favor the second idea as it is much more managable and... well, to state plainly: no one here can type worth a shoelace.

Hi BOb
12-17-2004, 12:16 PM
well typos are my thing so I'm not cut out of the job huh

RoDenT
12-17-2004, 12:53 PM
what i was thinking of doing is getting the rss feed from steam so we get updated news right when they update it.

Kitch
12-17-2004, 03:05 PM
I think its a good idea, but should only be relevent towards what PD Gaming offers. CS/CS:S/HL/TF:S/Steam news to be more exact. But at the same time, if anything major happens in the CS community, its usually posted on the forums...at least it was back when there WAS news to post, and everything was more active

Hi BOb
12-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Kitch I think thats a good idea on having it on cs tfc ex related topics, but I think after a while people start to drift away from cs for awhile (I have many times). Therefore for those people to drift away might want some news on things they like to know maybe like a list of new games coming out? Anyways this might get more people to hang around here (not just cs nerds) more and maybe even get back/start to playing cs? I think we can't just think about cs/stream news but at lest go a little more depth into news about some other big games people enjoy.