PDA

View Full Version : Bring Autoteam balance to PD!

Fire, walk with me
05-04-2005, 11:39 PM
At first, The teams get unbalanced by skill so the people on the losing team leave. Sometimes players from the winning team switch but not allways, I admit I am not always the first to switch when things get uneven. Tonight it was so bad it completely emptied the server, as the screenshots i took show. The second one was about 5 minutes later. This is an extreme case but I think it illustrates why PD has been getting cleared out lately, thats my theory. I will try to be a better player and switch more, but I honestly think an auto team balance would help keep people on.

Liggy
05-05-2005, 01:38 AM
it is definitly something needed.

and what the hell? wielding that damn Sho(awp)tgun? heh

Hi BOb
05-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Sup fire, I think from what I seen is that the people in the server are not smart enough to join a team that needs help. I think auto team balance would do the trick. Good thinking fire.

RoDenT
05-05-2005, 07:44 AM
admins have the ability to switch the teams around. if an admin is on the server, they are urged to make the teams even. but be sure to give the person your switching a heads up first. I bet if you ask them to switch they will switch and forcing the change wont be needed. Do not just focus on numbers, focus on skill as well. Sometimes switching one good person is enough to even the teams.

Kitch
05-05-2005, 08:36 AM
We're able to switch around the teams...but to a certain extent. Example, if teams are numerically even, I don't think the system will let you switch. That, and people will sometimes switch themselves back, or its hard to get a good balance without slaying everybody(IE, CT's are owning T's hard, no CT's die...its not nice to teamswitch when they are alive).

What also works is doing a map restart (@restart ; admin_restart I beileve), so that you get another random mix up...hopefully

HostMaster
05-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Does anyone know how to turn on auto balance? Is it a config in CS:S or Beetlemod or do we need to download and install something else. Let me know and I'll set it up!

RoDenT
05-05-2005, 09:37 AM
exactly, i just figured it was a given to do it when they are dead and not alive.

HostMaster
05-05-2005, 09:48 AM
I think I found it:

mp_autoteambalance 1

If thats it, the server should auto balance now. I agree that this is a major part of our problem.

jellydoughnut217
05-05-2005, 05:53 PM
yeah it works perfect now