PDA

View Full Version : Maybe its a good time...

jellydoughnut217
07-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Maybe this is a good time to try an admin mod, id hate to see get people turned off by the server again just because of hackers, especialy since its been doin so good

Retlaw
07-24-2005, 01:23 PM
I agree, a few cheaters have been having a free run at the server, time to put in the punishment for when they do it again.

Also, it gets jumpy from time to time when it's full, bringing down the tickrate to 50 may alleviate this problem as it's enough to reduce bandwidth, but not really enough to adversely reduce responsiveness.

Maybe even do a fresh PsychoStats install, purging the old data and starting with a fresh DB. Setting it's stat updates to coincide with round changes would alleviate a possible lag spike during the middle of combat while it's updating it's stats.

Liggy
07-24-2005, 01:38 PM
a few days ago I was asked what was the lag like... It's a lag that basically seems as though everyone has a 600 ping but can speak perfectly fine over the voice chat. Before PD2.0, the lag was an actual stop in gameplay (all voice and game would stop)

At first I thought it was just me but everyone experiences the same thing I do.

Liggy
07-24-2005, 01:39 PM
oh, and it usually happens at the beginning of each round once we hit over 18 people (does seem to last longer when you get those people who kill one person and then feels the need to put a spray on the ground)