PDA

View Full Version : My REAL app.

Kitch
12-17-2004, 03:34 PM
This one is for real, unlike my smart ***(edit:didn't know these forums edited out cuss words O.o) one ealier about a week ago

1. Steve
2. Kitch or Nikanoru
3. Um...forever. TFC since it came out. Before that, I was a quake addict. Seriously, I probalby put in over 40 hours a week playing TF or CTF. Got into CS when I started playing on wshost.net
4. 2 years, if I remember correctly. The year that wshost.net launched, I started playing regularly that June or July...which is when I got broadband. Registered in the forums around Oct. or Sept. that year, and got to see all the drama go on...particularly with Kaos. Fun times....
5. Yup, with wshost.net. Surprisingly, thats the only server I had admin on. Considering I regularly played on the same servers when I played TF back in the day, I thought I'd have admin back then too. But back in the QW days, admin was a lot different, everything was done with rcon commands, very few mods were made similar to admin_mod.

But I have extensive experience with admin_mod, up to level 11xxxx or whatever that level was(Included admin_exec_client). While I was admin, I don't think anybody really complained about me. Half time time I was in the TFC server, I was in under a different name(the wshost.net tag gives it away...). When cheater was spotted, name change, kick/ban, change back. Rarely when I was there I was spoken to like an admin. People rarely knew I was there.

But in CS it was a little different. Considering that at any given time, there were usually 2 admins in the server, it was pointless to be there under a fake, name...unlike TFC which had 4 somewhat active admins I beileve(me, JR, antismurf, Xtreme...I think those were the only active admins.)...you can be there for hours without knowing, supposedly, if an admin was there. Which I think is how it should be. In my experience, when an admins knows they know he is there, he tends to show off a bit, and "prove" that he is an admin there.

6. Because playing and knowing that a cheater or extensive rule breaker(constant cussing/racism/abusing flashes/voice abusing, etc) and not being able to do anything about it bugs the hell out of me. Which can clear out a server in mear minutes, considering that there are thousands of other servers out there where I can get the same ping. I've seriously seen servers go from full, down to less then 10 when a speed cheat/autoaimer extensively abuses.

Especially if a TFC/TF:S server is put up, I hate it sniping against a guy knowing that he can track me through walls, and similar. True, its a desent challenge, but still annoying not just for me, but for all the other players.

Long story short, to keep the PD Gaming community a better place.

HmniQ
12-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Hear hear, I'm for Kitch.

MaStEr~X
12-31-2004, 01:03 AM
Congratulations, Kitch, you have been selected to be an administrator for the Phillips Data server(s).

Please check your Private Messages.

HmniQ
12-31-2004, 05:15 AM
I swear I'm gonna report yer butt if you abuse mine.

Kitch
12-31-2004, 03:13 PM
Congratulations, Kitch, you have been selected to be an administrator for the Phillips Data server(s).

Please check your Private Messages.

Heh, same exact message in about 3 different threads. I wouldn't be surprised if all our PM's are exactly the same :p