PDA

View Full Version : Sound Card Help

jellydoughnut217
10-20-2005, 07:36 PM
i bought a soundblaster live! card a little while ago and installed it and thought it was running fine, but then i noticed a place where you can connect the card to the power supply. In the directions for installation it didnt mention anything about connecting any wires or anything. It just said fit the card into the pci slot and secure it. So i was wondering what connector is for. I looked all through the manual but found nothing. The card works, because i have my speakers hooked up to it and sound comes out, but whats that damn connector for?

Homizide
10-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Its for if you have an external power supply and want your card to run better if I remember right.

Fire, walk with me
10-21-2005, 09:23 PM
if its like a video card they have a power connecter, if you dont use it it still works, but it pops up a message saying performance will be low. you should plug it in.

Hi BOb
10-22-2005, 07:02 AM
did you know that the fire fox is on the bottem on that top!?! look http://joi.ito.com/Firefox-logo.png

HostMaster
10-22-2005, 08:57 AM
They flipped it upside down and skewed it. Kinda a *stretch*.. literally.

Hi BOb
10-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Nothing makes me more mad then terrorist mocking firefox the wrong way! :mad:

Homizide
10-24-2005, 04:33 PM
I love Firefox its better then the **** M$ keeps forcing down us. Ohh and FF is more protected then IE and has a better pop-up blocker.

HostMaster
10-24-2005, 05:17 PM
M$ = "Let's knock down our own fortress walls so the enemies can get in if they want to";
M$ = "Let's just write out the code as fast as we can and release it. We can always come out with an update";
M$ = teh suxx0r

Firefox = The best thing since Dos;