PDA

View Full Version : Militia

its.tuan
02-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey guys...Militia is an awesome map...but I think its like de_dust...Its a 1 sided map...alot of players told me how they think its gay and leave...and i haven't seen them around for a while....i keep track..(to test) So I was thinking...how about we add another map? Like our famous De_dust2...sometimes i go in and see nothing but bots..that's a rare sight for our server...wanna know what you guys are thinking? and what should needed to be done...

Homizide
02-06-2006, 08:24 PM
thats what ive been saying, add port its super even.

HostMaster
02-06-2006, 11:52 PM
what if we had militia/dust2?

its.tuan
02-07-2006, 12:48 AM
I think that's a good idea host...We should try it..I'll see how the sever is doing and i'll let u know..

Sea Bass
02-07-2006, 07:32 AM
I think that's a good idea host...We should try it..I'll see how the sever is doing and i'll let u know..

what has the server ranking been since it went to 24/7 militia?

i kinda like the militia/dust2 thing, but it would suck for some of us who can run high video settings on dust2, but have to lower ever thing to play militia.

RoDenT
02-07-2006, 07:59 AM
i think we should remove militia for now for those players that have to lower their settings every time to play. When blizzard (steam) patches the map to help it run a little better, we can put it up in a rotation. This way there is smooth gameplay for everyone their whole experience. Port had problems too when it first came out, but they fixed it, and im sure they will fix militia sometime in the future as well.

If you really don't want to remove militia, then do as everyone has been suggesting. Put it in a rotation with dust2. We can even try aztec again.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi BOb
02-07-2006, 08:27 AM
once again I'm posting on a tuesday thanks to blizzard and they're updating DAYS AHH!! AH!! I HATE IT AHHHH AHHHH MAKE IT STOP!! I NEED WOW !! I NEED IT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..*dead*

HostMaster
02-07-2006, 11:25 AM
I would prefer to keep it a militia map with voting. Problem with voting is that it doesn't work right. What if the vote mechanism at the end of every map worked properly? Then people could choose which map to play, and we would have the vote percentage low enough such that a simple majority would win.. depending on how many map options there are, so that the map changes fairly often, based on what people want to play.

jellydoughnut217
02-07-2006, 04:05 PM
definately dont use aztec, thats the most 1 sided map there is. I propose these maps: office, dust 2, italy, port and inferno as the most balanced maps. I would also like to throw prodigy and chateau out there only because i like those maps. O and train is pretty balanced too, but i dont know how popular it is. I say that anything that is done to the server should involve at least some of these maps.

Homizide
02-07-2006, 06:07 PM
definately dont use aztec, thats the most 1 sided map there is. I propose these maps: office, dust 2, italy, port and inferno as the most balanced maps. I would also like to throw prodigy and chateau out there only because i like those maps. O and train is pretty balanced too, but i dont know how popular it is. I say that anything that is done to the server should involve at least some of these maps.I
second that.

HostMaster
02-07-2006, 07:28 PM
The following maps should show up for vote:

cs_militia
de_dust
de_dust2
de_aztec
cs_office
de_port
cs_italy

its.tuan
02-07-2006, 08:16 PM
sound good:p

Homizide
02-08-2006, 02:01 PM
aztec? God no that map is so one sided, when ever I get on a server and aztec is on I leave. :mad:

Liggy
02-08-2006, 04:08 PM
aztec? God no that map is so one sided, when ever I get on a server and aztec is on I leave. :mad:

This is true about all maps sadly. Any side I join becomes one sided. :(

Liggy
02-08-2006, 04:08 PM
oh, except for cheaters. they still get the best of me sometimes. :(

jellydoughnut217
02-08-2006, 04:36 PM
i own liggy at everything from pogs to css.

no but really, aztec is probably the most one sided map. Im not too sure on its popularity though, because dust is also extremely one sided, but its still quite popular

Homizide
02-08-2006, 06:29 PM
i own liggy at everything from pogs to css.

no but really, aztec is probably the most one sided map. Im not too sure on its popularity though, because dust is also extremely one sided, but its still quite popular
not really when im on I always used to ask wana play dust2? Everyone said yes, or didnt respond...

RoDenT
02-09-2006, 09:17 AM
pogs...the best **** ever

HostMaster
02-09-2006, 12:39 PM
ROFL @pogs. Before pogs were pencil fights. Remember those? Most of you were probably still crapin in diapers when pencil fights were popular.

Since most of you probably dont know, here is how it worked:

I person would hold their pencil in front of them from each side horizontally. Then the other person would bend their pencil back and release one hand so that it would hit the other guys pencil. You go back and forth until someones pencil breaks. Whoevers pencil broke was the noob, and the other the pwnerer.

I modified my pencil so that the center was made of steel. I never lost.

jellydoughnut217
02-09-2006, 03:24 PM
not really when im on I always used to ask wana play dust2? Everyone said yes, or didnt respond...

you officialy lost me with that response.

o and host if you made you pencin into steel, how did u sharpen it?

HostMaster
02-09-2006, 04:11 PM
I broke the pencil longways and hollowed it out and inserted a steel rod. I left pencil lead at the end so that it could still write, but the rest had steel in it. Then I glued the two halfs back together and used some yellow paint or markers to help hid the seams.

jellydoughnut217
02-09-2006, 04:29 PM
I broke the pencil longways and hollowed it out and inserted a steel rod. I left pencil lead at the end so that it could still write, but the rest had steel in it. Then I glued the two halfs back together and used some yellow paint or markers to help hid the seams.

but the question still stands. How did u sharpen it?

Homizide
02-09-2006, 05:41 PM
you officialy lost me with that response.

o and host if you made you pencin into steel, how did u sharpen it?
When im on the server I ask wana play dust 2, they always respond yes.

chrisharper23
02-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Nice Hostmaster, I too remember pencil fights, remember the cheap plastic # 2 penils the kids thought were more tough! Yeah right, one flick and it was like a hot knife through butter.... I did that and quarters, could make some good lunch money doing that.

Anyways, I love the new voting system you added. Militia is the best map ever to be created but after days upon days it is nice to venture out and play on some other maps. Lately though the server barely has people in it, anywhere from 4-8 people, last 8 days I saw 5 vs 5 like 2 times. And I play everyday. But as a fan of the server I continue to only play here, because I know it'll bounce back up to some good times. Great server and great players.... when they're not being asses on the mics.

Liggy
02-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Before Pogs was Quarters for me. Not the drinking game. But the game you play where you spin a quarter and try to stop it on its side without it laying flat. If you could do that, then the other person would put their knuckles down on the table (fist) and you would take your thumb and launch the quarter (sliding it across the table at high speeds) at their knuckles. Then proceed to watch chunks of skin stick to the quarter and get bloody.

jellydoughnut217
02-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Before Pogs was Quarters for me. Not the drinking game. But the game you play where you spin a quarter and try to stop it on its side without it laying flat. If you could do that, then the other person would put their knuckles down on the table (fist) and you would take your thumb and launch the quarter (sliding it across the table at high speeds) at their knuckles. Then proceed to watch chunks of skin stick to the quarter and get bloody.

Hurray for AIDS!

Hi BOb
02-14-2006, 10:03 AM
huh I never played any of those even tho they played them.. naw I jsut played bloody nuckels .. never lost :)

HostMaster
02-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Bloody Knuckles is not a good idea, unless you want to end up with HIV or something.

jellydoughnut217
02-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Bloody Knuckles is not a good idea, unless you want to end up with HIV or something.
HURRAY for AIDS!

RoDenT
02-15-2006, 10:19 AM
i was the quarters god