PDA

View Full Version : Those annoying things called bots.

KillerRabbit
10-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Put the bots down to 2 per team, if that doesnt help keep players in try the 3 per team. Also it should be done for a bit, and on different map rotation and or maps put into the vote to see what gets ppl in. I've noticed the server population has been down and really suffers during the day. Ppl do join during the mid day when im there playing but seem to leave shortly after and im thinking a high reason for that is the theres just to many bots. Being they can be so stupid when its just a few left and extend the round time.. while the run about trying to do their objectives.

COM | T3h1337rMuffin!
10-05-2006, 05:37 PM
just take the bots off. Bots are weak. Its a poor try at getting the server filled. The goal is to have the server full anytime during the day. Bots dont help it.

Homizide
10-05-2006, 05:39 PM
yea um we kinda need em otherwise the server says 0 players..

RoadKill
10-05-2006, 08:30 PM
i think the bots are good that way some peeps can get better i used to play bad i just kept playing and playing with the bots and wouldent you no it im better now but just my op

KillerRabbit
10-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Well, if you put 2 bots on.. and you get ppl say admins to go in there for a bit ppl will join. When i get on in the day ppl do join.. its just they leave right away.. beacuse they get sick of the bots running around being stupid it really slows down the rounds ect. Some of the servers i see that are full a lot of the time either have no bots or 2 bots on each team to start. Like leet said before something needs to be changed... ect.

chrisharper23
10-09-2006, 04:18 PM
I like the 2 bots per team, Because when people join, bots will be kicked, and 4 bots being kicked for real players is a lot less than 10 bots.

Alt F4
10-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Boring.

Bots are always kicked when players join. I'd rather play against 1 real person and 4 bots, than play against 2 real people and 0 bots any day.

Caladium
10-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Bots are always kicked when players join.

There's the dilemma. People don't join because of the bots. I'll only join a server if theres 1 bot left because I know that I'll replace that one bot. I can handle 2 bots also, because I will kick one and someone else will probably join and replace the other. However when theres more than two hardly anyone cares to join unless they're incredibly bored, depressed, and easily entertained. Or otherwise they just hate human players. People even complain about the bots while they're in the server, but nothing can be done about it so they just leave.

MaStEr~X
10-11-2006, 08:24 PM
So what exactly is the problem with the bots? They pwn you guys too easily?

bigboy61483
10-11-2006, 09:03 PM
yes, they do. the bots are doing a good job not keeping the empty. when others walk into the server, they don't like the bots. so they find another server to enjoy themselves at. We should limit the bots to a set amount of 2 or 3 a team. that way there shouldn't be any trouble losing players. :)

Homizide
10-11-2006, 09:08 PM

omg burn by teh masterx

Caladium
10-12-2006, 05:42 AM

Who buys cs to play with bots? Noone I know of.

...But for starters, they do pwn a lot of people ;D They also camp in the most ridiculous places possible and drag out rounds to the full amount of time, rather than actually looking for the other bot/person. If you die early from a bots magical aimbot, it's a cruel wait for the rest of them die.

Alt F4
10-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Facts:

-A player can not tell if the server is populated by bots or real players until they join. Therefore the problem is not getting people to join (i.e. the bots ARE working).

-I've never seen:
player has joined the server.
[spectator] player: WHAT? BOTS!! I'm outta here.
player has left the server.

-When the server says there are 2 or 3 players in game, people are less likely to join! Whenever I play DoD I join the server with as many people as possible. I am sure people playing CSS do the exact same thing.

-I have noticed when the population reaches a certain level the server explodes with people joining! Know what that magic number is?
*dramatic pause*

MaStEr~X
10-12-2006, 10:58 AM
You can view if bots are in the server by viewing the server info before you join.
I wouldn't join a server that had less than 6 people playing in it. It's no fun to play against one or two real people and get 1 kill each round, hoping others will join.

I play against bots all the time to hone my anti-aimbot skills, along with other noteworthy anti-bot skills. They are easy to play against if you know what's going on. Dying and having to wait is a punishment for your mistakes, just like any other CSS game.

KillerRabbit
10-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Facts:

-A player can not tell if the server is populated by bots or real players until they join. Therefore the problem is not getting people to join (i.e. the bots ARE working).

-I've never seen:
player has joined the server.
[spectator] player: WHAT? BOTS!! I'm outta here.
player has left the server.

-When the server says there are 2 or 3 players in game, people are less likely to join! Whenever I play DoD I join the server with as many people as possible. I am sure people playing CSS do the exact same thing.

-I have noticed when the population reaches a certain level the server explodes with people joining! Know what that magic number is?
*dramatic pause*

You do know you can right click on the empty space above the servers check Bots and it will put a B on ever server thats carring bots. So a player can tell right away if theres bots and not :p (yes i know i pretty much made the same damn topic in the admins place oo well im trying to get the thing fixed, and im a retard forgot about this rofl.)

Put your other sugestions on this on my other post in the (admins only section

Alt F4
10-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Who the frick does that smack?

I just double click my CSS icon and BAM I'm in the server. I can't even find PDgaming in the server list... That's probably the problem.

We need an IP campaign. Get people to copy the IP and add it to their shortcut.