PDA

View Full Version : Admin application for Sam

XFreeRollerX
10-08-2006, 08:52 AM
1. Sam Shoura
2. h@|f.m00n (sometimes i tag it with [TK])
3. Yes I certainly do
4. anytime from 1pm to 2am Arizona mountain time (no DST!)
5. CS:S is the only game i have played. I got rele good rele fast tho :D have played for bout a year now
6. About a month and a half
7. Yes, i run my own server that i built from scratch (by this i mean from the ground uP!) and i give limited admin to my clan members at my discression. unfortuneatly its an srcds that i run from another home computer so its not online 24/7 so its on only when rest of my family is not home.
8. So i have a reason to be more invoved in a specific Dedicated server. also i like the set up of your servers, pretty close to mine.

note: has been edited recently

Alt F4
10-09-2006, 09:49 AM
I built a system from scratch one time. Etching all the pathways in the arithmetic logic unit of the CPU by hand really aggravated my carpal tunnel. I've found it's much easier to just buy all the parts and plug them in. Takes about 5 minutes.

XFreeRollerX
10-12-2006, 05:04 PM
when i said "built the server from scratch" was referring to the software part. all the hardware was store bought lol, im too lazy to wait and save up... im young i still have parents !:D the problem is that its my parents computer=server not online 24/7 but its hella powerful! i get internet worthy of T3 status at my home with a 10mb ethernet broadband network conected to it. i love it! feel free to ask to see the server at any time :)

XFreeRollerX
10-12-2006, 05:06 PM
do i get to know the status of my admin aplication?

in other news, im ranked #4 on the lvl3fibersomething pdgaming.com server! i was so happy bout it lolz

Tatsuo
10-12-2006, 11:53 PM
WOW #4 that's impressive

Did you guys hear that he's ranked #4. One day i wish i could be ranked top10 ;)

GOoD Job Though

Alt F4
10-13-2006, 10:19 AM
when i said "built the server from scratch" was referring to the software part. all the hardware was store bought lol, im too lazy to wait and save up... im young i still have parents !:D the problem is that its my parents computer=server not online 24/7 but its hella powerful! i get internet worthy of T3 status at my home with a 10mb ethernet broadband network conected to it. i love it! feel free to ask to see the server at any time :)

Whoa whoa whoa. Before I tear into this package, would you mind clarifying the "built the [software part of] the server from scratch"?

Keep in mind I'm only 20 weeks away from obtaining my BS in Computer Science, so I'll know if you're lying. :D

XFreeRollerX
10-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. Before I tear into this package, would you mind clarifying the "built the [software part of] the server from scratch"?

Keep in mind I'm only 20 weeks away from obtaining my BS in Computer Science, so I'll know if you're lying. :D

haha i think i mis-presented what i meant... somin along the lines of doing the installs and configuring it all. i didnt doo a massive ammount of programming that it would take to make a server from nothin but a notepad! most of what i did was not rocket science, just a bit of figuring what certain values do, working around buggy software [stuff like mani admin, eventscripts beta] and adding in all kinds of mods and makin them work the cool way :D