PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like the source update?

chrisharper23
11-04-2006, 07:26 PM
I dunno about anyone else, but the new update has made me not want to even turn the game on!!! I have not played anywhere since it updated.

I hate the new buy system, its a waste! I don't like how it auto buys you secondary and primary ammo. And I use to like to HIT B 8 2-5 for kevlar and nades.... Now they changed it to 6 which just throws me off.... And the special deals of the week! wtf! gun prices go up and down. And you can't even mess with some bots on your own because its the same way!!!

I know there's a skin or w.e to switch it back to the old way, but still, I think its hella gay! And I think Steam should at least ask if you want to update to different versions, that way if you had the prior version you could play on non updated servers.

I think its going to mess with CAL players.!!! Glad I dropped CAL and CEVO, I would be pissed!!!

So do any of you like it?

Im sticking to Red Orchestra! A game where it takes real skill!

MaStEr~X
11-05-2006, 12:28 AM
They're riding on the hope that, because you've played the game for so long, you'll be willing to adjust to the change. And they take away your choice to choose not to change. Bye WON, hello Steam. Bye old game updates, hello new game updates.

It's times like these when you want to go back and play old versions of Counter-Strike. Personally, I'd like to play CSb6.0, but that couldn't happen unless I used WON2. It has to be so difficult. I can't just plug in a Nintendo and play Super Mario Bros. Ridiculous.

However, we can set the PDGaming server to disregard the "economy" and keep the fixed rates. I'm sure all of our four bots would enjoy that.

Homizide
11-05-2006, 02:29 PM
I hate it, first they f with the radar, then they f with the buy system. So im gonna go play some zm maps.