PD Gaming

PD Gaming (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Un-Ban Requests (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   omg banned yes! (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549)

Leafx 03-30-2006 01:11 PM

omg banned yes!

1. Your game name.
2. Name of admin who banned you.
3. Reason for banning. (Or your best guess - be honest!!)
4. Anything else you'd like to explain.

1. most of you know me as Ebonic Midget, i play on various other stupid names i come up with at the time
2. dont know
3. best guess - killing people
4. please unban me cause i like south cali servers and i get to own noobs

KillerRabbit 03-30-2006 02:58 PM

We can't tell you why you where banned atm, You havent said the name you where useing at the time or your steam id.

Leafx 03-30-2006 03:31 PM

my steam id:
0:0:5735920

cant remember my name cause i change it so much
recently my pubname has been
H4xT3hPlanet!!

KillerRabbit 03-30-2006 09:45 PM

Alright thats not one of the id's ive banned for hacking. The admin that banned you should list the offence soon and a demo, sure they havent checked the forums who did. If its not in a few days ill check into it.

Leafx 03-31-2006 08:19 AM

i think it was sniperK

RoDenT 03-31-2006 08:21 AM

if the admin doesnt claim the ban and doesnt post a demo of it within 48 hours of your post, your ban will be lifted

Leafx 03-31-2006 01:25 PM

i was banned like tuesday night can we make an exception here?????

jellydoughnut217 03-31-2006 04:08 PM

twas not me, however this does give me an oppurtunity to make a point. It is not always possible to take a demo of a hacker, when i see a hacker my first thought is ban him before he leaves. Especialy with the lower lvl admins who wear there pd tag. If a hacker is in game hacking and they see [pd] sosandso has joined the game chances are they will leave before a ban can be effectively executed. However, if i ban someone, and i do not have a demo of them hacking, they are reinstated. I understand that it is possible for an admin to think someone is hacking and ban them, when really the player just got lucky, or is just very good, and maybe a second or third opinion is needed before banning. However i think that having to take a demo of someone before you ban them is a little silly for an admin. The reason an admin should be chosen is because they are seen as trustworthy. If a player feels that a mistake has been made and they challenge the ban on the forums then the banning admin should definately have to make some sort of statement or response, and a demo is indefinite proof of a hacker, however i dont think it should be required.

Leafx 03-31-2006 05:20 PM

i know im #4 in the server get me unbanned!!

HmniQ 03-31-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellydoughnut217
...and a demo is indefinite proof of a hacker, however i dont think it should be required.

The problem is that there are legit players who get banned, and it's generally better to err on the side of letting a few hackers back in so that the innocents don't get punished. Thus I'm in favor of keeping demos as required proof of someone hacking.