PD Gaming

PD Gaming (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Server Suggestions (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Master Plan (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603)

chrisharper23 05-23-2006 06:05 PM

we gotta do something though. Defualt maps are beginning to become boring.

Homizide 05-23-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellydoughnut217
i hate joining a server to have to sit through a download of something i know i will never use again. Thats one of the reasons i like pd

see people trust me, so far ive been right, such as get rid of the rotation the that map (its name slips my mind its like fort or something)...

RoDenT 05-24-2006 08:11 AM

give us a rotation you would like to see and we might try them each out, but that depends on what host thinks. We have tried rotations before and the server population droppped tremendously. That is the reason why we hesitate putting in a rotation. But if you all can push host to trying rotations again before the new server, go for it. I know host is willing to try as he said as soon as he gets the new server. Come on people, donate! :D

KillerRabbit 05-24-2006 01:43 PM

A rotation close to the one I listed should work, but whats makeing ppl leave and or not come back as regulars is probably the lag/rules not sure which but it has to do something those 2 things Lol. I mean just look on the server lists, servers are runing office ect and doing great =p. This server has such godly ping I can't think of any other things that would cause ppl not to join.

Btw aztec isnt onesided its pretty much like dust2 3 ways to go for T, 2 ways to go for CT =p.
p.s Even with dust2 it seems the server population is still bad theres a total of 2 ppl there now =p.

HostMaster 05-24-2006 02:15 PM

I think the biggest issue are the lag spikes - we need to get rid of those - by buying a new server and we need only 200 and something dollars! GO GO GO

Homizide 05-24-2006 02:46 PM

map rotation, 5 rounds dust2 5 rounds office

HostMaster 05-24-2006 02:55 PM

Thats not a bad idea homizide. i like the idea of doing several rounds of one, then several rounds of another. should dampen the shock of the map change. good job

ill set that up now - let me know how it goes

Fishing For Bullets 05-24-2006 04:21 PM

Lag Spikes

Host,

Was just curious regarding your psychostats, first I didn't know you had them. I have been looking at doing this on the server I have, and seen a foot note in regards to operation of the stats. Are you running this on the same server as the dedicated CSS server. I noted that they stipulate it should be ran on a separate computer, if they are ran on the same computer you will be subjected to lag spikes. Just curious.

HostMaster 05-24-2006 06:18 PM

The stats are hosted on a separate server.. but they do not update - at least i dont think ( let me know if im wrong) I think i turned them off because of the lag - but will put them back after we get the new server.

KillerRabbit 05-24-2006 07:51 PM

Good idea :p Homizide