PD Gaming

PD Gaming (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Counter-Strike Source Discussion (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Possibility of higher difficulty bots? (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236)

Liggy 04-25-2005 04:14 PM

Possibility of higher difficulty bots?

Lately I've been joining in an empty server waiting for people to join. Slaughtering the bots of course... but, there are times I see regulars playing against the bots and when I join they leave =/

Make the bots harder so people don't improve their ranks etc with just bots and not play against people. Also, I like a challenge, so harder bots would be appreciated :)

Just take a look at a few people and you'll see the skill shot up an insane amount. Hell, even my rank went up cause of the difficulty of the bots.

jellydoughnut217 04-25-2005 07:39 PM

how lame...people would rather play against bots than a real person just to improve there rank...lig i say everytime u play with one of those people u saw u join the opposite team and abuse them then i shall join u but idk how much thats gonna happen seeing as how the servers usualy empty lately and i hate bots

HostMaster 04-25-2005 10:30 PM

The bots were harder but people were complaining about getting owned by them and would leave. The problem is, the server starts doing well, then dies. There has to be a map that comes up that people dont like. We need to figure out what it is and take it out. The graph on www.pdgaming.com is pathetic. up down up down.

I'm going to probably take all the maps out except one and then slowly add them back in until we find out whats up.. unless someone knows and we can just take it out and leave the others.

Fire, walk with me 04-25-2005 11:18 PM

uh.... cs_compound. Also, 5 bots isnt enough to do much with.

Hi BOb 04-26-2005 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire, walk with me
uh.... cs_compound. Also, 5 bots isnt enough to do much with.

5 each team?

Liggy 04-26-2005 10:12 AM

compound most definitly has a negative effect... The level goes alot like this...
A joins terrorist
b joins terrorist
c joins terrorist
d joins terrorist
e joins counter-terrorist
f-k has quit
l and m has joined spectators.
Lig says "Please even the teams before I have to do it for you"
e disconnects
b and c makes comment about having a scrim ready and others are waiting
b and c disconnect
followed by everyone else disconnecting
Steve joins counter-terrorist
Bob joins terrorist
Bill joins terrorist
Frank joins counter-terrorist
Lig sighs, gimp bots yet again :)

then 30 minutes later, the server usually picks back up... sometimes people come in and say "oh, man, bots, I hate bots" then quit... but usaully it recovers.

Might also want to see if others agree and bring italy and prodigy back... maybe even cbble.

about the bots... if the bots are owning, good. They should in the first place :)

Quote:

lig i say everytime u play with one of those people u saw u join the opposite team and abuse them
for 2 of em, I never see em on unless bots are playing and when I join they leave. For the rest, I am usually against em anyways, so they die.

Fire, walk with me 04-26-2005 11:40 AM

no its five total

jellydoughnut217 04-26-2005 03:36 PM

as much as i hate to admit it (because i love the map) compound does definately have a negative effect...however im not so sure if its as much of one map doing the damage as it is the lack of maps. I think alot of poeple would rather die than play another round on dust or aztec. I agree with lig about italy thats a good map and is balanced for both sides i still also suggest train and prodigy. But if adding maps is still out of the question than at lease fix map vote. O also auto team balance would definately help. alot of people leave because its 15 on 8 and who the hell wants to be one of those 8. Ne ways thats my opinion

Alt F4 05-16-2005 12:18 PM

Personally, I am pretty sick of Azetc but Dust and Dust2, much like the old cs_militia, are classics and I just can't get enough of them. I do really like compound but I noticed it does kill the server.

Throwing some new maps in there sounds nice... I mean, I've found a couple really awesome looking maps at http://www.csevolution.com/files/all_maps.htm
but some people won't stand to wait 2-5 minutes for a new map to download before they can play.

How about a Dust/Dust2 24/7 server with a bunch of other map vote possibilities? The 24/7 map doesn't have to be dust, that's an example (a very good one, I might add)... but I think this scheme is the best way to go, lest we've forgotten what made the original Counter-Strike server so popular.

Hi BOb 05-16-2005 12:34 PM

me myself only need one map and you know it as cs_militia but I know it as cs_home.