PD Gaming

PD Gaming (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Counter-Strike Source Discussion (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Militia (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512)

its.tuan 02-06-2006 05:56 PM

Militia

Hey guys...Militia is an awesome map...but I think its like de_dust...Its a 1 sided map...alot of players told me how they think its gay and leave...and i haven't seen them around for a while....i keep track..(to test) So I was thinking...how about we add another map? Like our famous De_dust2...sometimes i go in and see nothing but bots..that's a rare sight for our server...wanna know what you guys are thinking? and what should needed to be done...

Homizide 02-06-2006 08:24 PM

thats what ive been saying, add port its super even.

HostMaster 02-06-2006 11:52 PM

what if we had militia/dust2?

its.tuan 02-07-2006 12:48 AM

I think that's a good idea host...We should try it..I'll see how the sever is doing and i'll let u know..

Sea Bass 02-07-2006 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its.tuan
I think that's a good idea host...We should try it..I'll see how the sever is doing and i'll let u know..

what has the server ranking been since it went to 24/7 militia?

i kinda like the militia/dust2 thing, but it would suck for some of us who can run high video settings on dust2, but have to lower ever thing to play militia.

RoDenT 02-07-2006 07:59 AM

i think we should remove militia for now for those players that have to lower their settings every time to play. When blizzard (steam) patches the map to help it run a little better, we can put it up in a rotation. This way there is smooth gameplay for everyone their whole experience. Port had problems too when it first came out, but they fixed it, and im sure they will fix militia sometime in the future as well.

If you really don't want to remove militia, then do as everyone has been suggesting. Put it in a rotation with dust2. We can even try aztec again.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi BOb 02-07-2006 08:27 AM

once again I'm posting on a tuesday thanks to blizzard and they're updating DAYS AHH!! AH!! I HATE IT AHHHH AHHHH MAKE IT STOP!! I NEED WOW !! I NEED IT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..*dead*

HostMaster 02-07-2006 11:25 AM

I would prefer to keep it a militia map with voting. Problem with voting is that it doesn't work right. What if the vote mechanism at the end of every map worked properly? Then people could choose which map to play, and we would have the vote percentage low enough such that a simple majority would win.. depending on how many map options there are, so that the map changes fairly often, based on what people want to play.

jellydoughnut217 02-07-2006 04:05 PM

definately dont use aztec, thats the most 1 sided map there is. I propose these maps: office, dust 2, italy, port and inferno as the most balanced maps. I would also like to throw prodigy and chateau out there only because i like those maps. O and train is pretty balanced too, but i dont know how popular it is. I say that anything that is done to the server should involve at least some of these maps.

Homizide 02-07-2006 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellydoughnut217
definately dont use aztec, thats the most 1 sided map there is. I propose these maps: office, dust 2, italy, port and inferno as the most balanced maps. I would also like to throw prodigy and chateau out there only because i like those maps. O and train is pretty balanced too, but i dont know how popular it is. I say that anything that is done to the server should involve at least some of these maps.

I
second that.