PD Gaming

PD Gaming (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Counter-Strike Source Discussion (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Donations Thread for New Server (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572)

HostMaster 04-27-2006 10:06 PM

Donations Thread for New Server

Here is the deal, we need a new server and I'll pay for half of it if we can get the other half in donations. The new server should eliminate lag on our CS server and allow us to host 1 additional game yet to be determined (Though probably Fortress Forever). You can paypal money to paul@wshost.net or mail a check to:

Paul Phillips
PO Box 25423
Anaheim, CA 92825

If you mail payment, make sure you indicate that it is for pdgaming donation and write anonymous if you don't want your name to appear here.

We need about $700 as a new Dell server that will do the job is $1400 (when they are on sale) Donations received so far:

1. $22 (Anonymous)
2. $350 (Fishing For Bullets/Michael Kromer)
3. $50 (Jolly Roger)
4. $1 (Rodent)
5 $50 (Kitch)

Amount remaining until we order new server: $227.00

You can be assured that your donations will be used for this purpose. I realize that we may not be able to raise $700, and if that is the case I will *eventually* buy a server and pay the difference. But it will be *much*, *much* sooner if we get enough donations. Probably a year without enough donations before I would pay more than half to buy a server. So please donate!

Who will be next? Click the link below to pay via PayPal. Thanks and happy gaming!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...harset=UTF%2d8

Caboose 04-28-2006 03:13 PM

I will as soon as I get paid.

jellydoughnut217 04-28-2006 03:33 PM

hostmaster, the fact that you are even suggesting that you will pay half the cost of a new server for us to play CSS on reminds me of how awesome you are

Homizide 04-28-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellydoughnut217
hostmaster, the fact that you are even suggesting that you will pay half the cost of a new server for us to play CSS on reminds me of how awesome you are

Kiss Ass... lol jk jk!

HostMaster 04-28-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellydoughnut217

I didn't think of it that way, but hey now that you mention it, thanks! hehe

Seriously though, I enjoy hosting the games for you guys. To let you in on a little secret, if we get enough donations by the time Fortress Forever comes out we will be hosting both CSS and Fortress Forever on it. And all the TFC fans cheer. hehe

shanknbake 04-30-2006 01:13 AM

Tfc Fan: "yay!!!!!!! ::cheer::"

Fishing For Bullets 04-30-2006 10:52 AM

Donations

How do you guys take donations, just pay pal?

How about I send you a check.

Are you interested in a server, I build computers. To heck with dell?

I have a server with a T1 connection that will do the trick. I like playing on your server, I have alot of fun, but your server lags to much.

Drop me an email.

Mike

Homizide 04-30-2006 10:53 AM

I love you mike!

HostMaster 04-30-2006 09:00 PM

Mike,

Bandwidth is not a problem. We host *lots* of very high traffic sites on our Gigabit network. The game server has 100Mbps at any given time at its full disposal. The problem is that it is running on the same server that I bought when we rolled out our CS 1.3 server. Its only a 2Ghz P4. We are going to buy a dell because we have a deal with dell since we buy servers from them for all kinds of other hosting, and because if there is a problem with it it will be easier to fix, since we have more of the same.

Appreciate your offer though, but we just need donations at this point for a server. We have all other infrastructure already in place.

Fishing For Bullets 05-01-2006 09:57 AM

Donation

HostMaster,

So it appears you are looking for a dedicated server, and you want donations to get it.

How Much do you have, minus the $700.00 you said you would contribute?

What type of guarantee is there that the donations will be directed to a dedicated game server? If none is the answer, it makes it difficult to donate.

You can see were I'm going, and by the way you never told me how to donate other than PayPal.

The server I have is ip 206.104.177.70:27015

Could be used to scrim on, check it out.

Mike