PD Gaming

PD Gaming (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Server Suggestions (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Those annoying things called bots. (http://www.pdgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754)

KillerRabbit 10-04-2006 11:02 AM

Those annoying things called bots.

Put the bots down to 2 per team, if that doesnt help keep players in try the 3 per team. Also it should be done for a bit, and on different map rotation and or maps put into the vote to see what gets ppl in. I've noticed the server population has been down and really suffers during the day. Ppl do join during the mid day when im there playing but seem to leave shortly after and im thinking a high reason for that is the theres just to many bots. Being they can be so stupid when its just a few left and extend the round time.. while the run about trying to do their objectives.

COM | T3h1337rMuffin! 10-05-2006 05:37 PM

just take the bots off. Bots are weak. Its a poor try at getting the server filled. The goal is to have the server full anytime during the day. Bots dont help it.

Homizide 10-05-2006 05:39 PM

yea um we kinda need em otherwise the server says 0 players..

RoadKill 10-05-2006 08:30 PM

i think the bots are good that way some peeps can get better i used to play bad i just kept playing and playing with the bots and wouldent you no it im better now but just my op

KillerRabbit 10-09-2006 07:22 AM

Well, if you put 2 bots on.. and you get ppl say admins to go in there for a bit ppl will join. When i get on in the day ppl do join.. its just they leave right away.. beacuse they get sick of the bots running around being stupid it really slows down the rounds ect. Some of the servers i see that are full a lot of the time either have no bots or 2 bots on each team to start. Like leet said before something needs to be changed... ect.

chrisharper23 10-09-2006 04:18 PM

I like the 2 bots per team, Because when people join, bots will be kicked, and 4 bots being kicked for real players is a lot less than 10 bots.

Alt F4 10-11-2006 07:56 AM

Boring.

Bots are always kicked when players join. I'd rather play against 1 real person and 4 bots, than play against 2 real people and 0 bots any day.

Caladium 10-11-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Bots are always kicked when players join.
There's the dilemma. People don't join because of the bots. I'll only join a server if theres 1 bot left because I know that I'll replace that one bot. I can handle 2 bots also, because I will kick one and someone else will probably join and replace the other. However when theres more than two hardly anyone cares to join unless they're incredibly bored, depressed, and easily entertained. Or otherwise they just hate human players. People even complain about the bots while they're in the server, but nothing can be done about it so they just leave.

MaStEr~X 10-11-2006 08:24 PM

So what exactly is the problem with the bots? They pwn you guys too easily?

bigboy61483 10-11-2006 09:03 PM

yes, they do. the bots are doing a good job not keeping the empty. when others walk into the server, they don't like the bots. so they find another server to enjoy themselves at. We should limit the bots to a set amount of 2 or 3 a team. that way there shouldn't be any trouble losing players. :)