View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006
Muffin

Send a message via AIM to COM | T3h1337rMuffin! Send a message via MSN to COM | T3h1337rMuffin!
Talking

I doubt you could get a better result than the 6800 ultras. They have more oc capable setup. Plus a dual slot cooler standard. Even with a gig of onboard ddr the card would be too much faster, plus the 1 gig is dual gpu. I still want to see anyone hit 428 fps at over 1600x1200 res with max graphics and HDR enabled. Those are rates only quad sli gets. I did that with a heavily over clocked 3500+ oc to 3.8 ghz running 139f with AC Delco Coolant in 4x 120 mm fan radiator, 1 in tubing, and a 800 gph magnetic powered pump. Even vapor cooling cant reach that temp with that oc. (Tried it). I now have an fx-53 courtesy of my good buddy, so Ima see if I can break the 500 fps mark.

(Also mind that I mention I was using an agp slot for those bench marks. You should see my 3d max ratings. Obsene to say that at the least.)

I will be running a Dual custom made 1 gig ddr onboard each card 6800 Ultra setup with dual custom 1 1/2 inch barb water blocks. I will be running a custom machined 100 % copper water block for the cpu with 1 1/2 inch barbs also. Hopefully obtain 4.0 ghz without frying my cpu. (yes it is possible to run 4 is anyone disagrees, My buddy at amd did on a test rig he built up.

Ok, all Im trying to say with all that, is that just cuz something is the newest and fastest clock speed, dosent make it the best. Which is a reason why all my buddies I know at amd, and intel run single cores and 6800 ultras. Not cuz they dont have the money for the newest stuff, heck they get most of it for free, they just found the older products easier to manipulate. (Now the people I know from apple are for dual core, but heck, who wouldnt run a quad dual core setup capable of speeds no pc on earth can catch up to.