View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005

Send a message via ICQ to Liggy Send a message via AIM to Liggy

I just want to say that the whole 'too high of a ping' causes the server to lag etc just doesn't happen. Granted, the hitbox of a lagging person HPB(High Pinging Bastard) is different then that of a LPB (Low Pinging Bastard... if you've been playing quake1 etc, then you have heard these terms alot) they are extremely easier to kill. You also have that much more of a jump on them when split seconds mean life or death.

I've seen no difference with a server filled with 200 ping guys and a server filled with 30 ping guys. Now, people who hog cmd_rates etc do lag the server. These are the people who have all kinds of non default config files. When you feel the server lagging an assload, that's most likely due to the rate hogs. (people who usually have a quick switch with AWP to pistol etc are most likely also using different rates... they are the ones that try to get as much of an advantage as possible.)

sooooo, after all that, what I just wanted to say is don't kick HPB's... just kill them...

3:40am and 4 hours of PVP on WoW... I'm ready for bed.

PD Gaming Database Error
Database Error Database error
The PD Gaming database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the pdgaming.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The pdgaming.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.