View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to HostMaster

The idea behind these ideas is pretty much the same. To tie in the server with the forums and build a better community. I think to start, I may just have hourly pop-ups that praise the high score holders, and perhaps mention the current active threads of the day or something. That tied in with being able to see who is in game in the forums I think will be a good start. As time allows we can think about integrating other rewards for high score. I dont think its a good idea to allow prizes that offset the fairness of game play unless it is during a certain time of day. Like 11pm-12am is fun hour. Anyone who's high score gets invisibility, anyone who's posted in the last week gets noclip, anyone who's registered on the forums gets free guns. Then just go crazy go nuts for that hour. It will encourage people to at least register on the forums so they can get free guns. Even if it is only 1 hour per day, I think it should be time restricted and be opened up so that everyone could get some added benefit for just registering.

-----
Phillips Data
Web Hosting is Awesome