View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kitch

*sigh*

I suppose this means I have to put in an actual admin request app.

But all the ideas seem good, but I think the extra money for arcade champions should have a cap. That way we don't have arcade highscore whores just to get a couple extra thousand per round.

Maybe have an extra $100 per round per arcade game, max $300.

And intergration of the forums/game is a pretty good idea, as long as it doesn't clutter up the game. I've seen plenty of servers where you see csays and tsays all game talking about how your percentage for hitting your opponents left theigh and stupid crap like that.

There should be obvious site advertisements to include
-Donations
-Server Purcahsing
-Forums
-Advertising forum extras(IE, extra money arcade champs, etc)

Top 5(10?) players every stats update(half hour?)

Those should be the major ones.

Also the server name should include "West Coast" or "California" or similar to attract people wanting local servers.

And admins need to be cracked down on more, potentionally those who alter aspects of the game. I had a good tier system typed up on the old forums...I'll see if I can copy/paste it. But tsay/psay and whatnot are harmless, but map changes, godmode/noclip, kick/ban and slaying/team slaying are the most abused, and as such, in-depth tracking should be intergrated into the site

Perhaps have an "Admin Only" section which shows admin stats. Playtime vs Slays/kicks/bans and so on. That way we get a percentage of who is using the most commands while playing and its easier to see who is using their admin too much. If your a good admin, the players won't even know you're there.

And should the server get as active as it once was, reserved slots again?

http://www.pdgaming.com/csstats/player.php?id=5

My current(and most likely crappy) stats

Fatal Session Error: 137: Can't open file: 'pstats_sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145) =(

PD Gaming Database Error
Database Error Database error
The PD Gaming database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the pdgaming.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The pdgaming.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.