Calendar Member List FAQ
PD Gaming

Today's Posts | New Posts  
PD Gaming > PD Gaming Announcements & Archive > PD Gaming Announcements » Server Change

View Poll Results: What Should We Do?
Leave the server as-is, it rocks! 2 33.33%
Change it from a dust2 only server to a dust only server! 0 0%
Leave it alone, but install map voting so we can play other maps if we want! 4 66.67%
Change it from a dust2 only server to a dust only server and enable map voting! 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2005
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to HostMaster
Default Server Change

As you may have noticed we reinstalled the game server which fixed the lag, made the server a dust2 only server and changed the tickrate to 66 as well as other network changes.

Our goal is to build up the community here but we are open to suggestions, so, if we are going to make any changes to our current set up we need to do so soon. Post your comments, and vote on the poll.

-HostMaster

-----
Phillips Data
Web Hosting is Awesome
Old 07-16-2005

well dust 2 certainly seems to be bringing alot of people in, so definately keep that, but maybe find the 2nd most popular map, I think its either office or italy, and make those 2 maps kinda like the basic map rotation. Then put in map vote so if the majority wants a change then it can happen. Also when playing on the server people constantly type rank into chat, rankings really help a server out, its what makes people constanyly come back. By putting rankings on the server it could help to build up a more permanent community.
Old 07-16-2005
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to HostMaster

CS:S server has had players for 21 out of the last 24 hours!!! I think we are on the right track.

I think we should keep it dust2, wait a while and put back an admin mod with map vote and see if that creates any lag.

-----
Phillips Data
Web Hosting is Awesome
Old 07-16-2005

yeah i was thinking that maybe one of those programs like the admin mod or the ranking or something might have been contributing to the lag, but idk ne of those technical details. Im just an ignorant fool making assumptions to try and sound smart
Old 07-17-2005
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kitch

admin_mod or beatle_mod or whatever shouldn't be causing lag. Ranking...well...technically it could since it does present a server load every 30 minutes when it updates....but it shouldn't be so much that it locks the server....

http://www.pdgaming.com/csstats/player.php?id=5

My current(and most likely crappy) stats

Fatal Session Error: 137: Can't open file: 'pstats_sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145) =(
Old 07-17-2005

well id like to eventualy see other maps, because playing dust 2 constantly does get boring, maybe after some regulars start appearing on the dust 2 only server
Old 07-17-2005

Send a message via AIM to Hi BOb

Hey guys as you might of noiced or not of but I took a while on vaction and other stuff like moving to my new room and I have been on the server/ AIM too much latly but today I read the fourms and I visited the server and to say somthing well I was happy to see that it took a while to get into the server because it was full... about time. I think that server is good but more maps can only keep more people happy.
-Hi BOb
Old 07-18-2005
Sand Dweller

Send a message via AIM to Fire, walk with me

yeah dust 2 gets boring after playing it a million times, glad to see the server with people on it btw