Calendar Member List FAQ
PD Gaming

Today's Posts | New Posts  
PD Gaming > Just About Anything > General Discussion » Game News On PD Gaming?

View Poll Results: plz read bottem 1st, News On PD Gaming?
Yes! 7 100.00%
No! 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2004

Send a message via AIM to Hi BOb
Default Game News On PD Gaming?

Alright 1st things 1st what do I mean by game news on PD Gaming? Well I was thinking.. this is a gaming website so... wheres the game news!? Then I came to a thought. Why don't we have any game news? We have a arcade, why not some news. Now I was thinking of having a updating News place on this webpage. Right now it is only a thought but soon I hope it will be somthing more. People can help by posting about the games reviews and so on. I found a pretty good place for free game news. If you know any we would be happy to take them. I do not think all news sould be about pc games but ps2, xbox, ex. I think this will get more people to the website. If you got any ideas or webpages feel free to post here.
IN and OUT,
Hi BOb

Last edited by Hi BOb : 12-16-2004 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-16-2004
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to RoDenT Send a message via AIM to RoDenT

I think it is a pretty good idea, the only problem with it that I have is that it would mean a lot more work. It would just be adding to the stack of things hostmaster has to do and most likely wont get updated that much. There are plenty of gaming news sites around the web. If we could make a news ticker that retrieves news from another site automatically, it would work. That is if someone wants to take the time into making such a thing.

I Like Spinning In Chairs
Old 12-16-2004
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to HostMaster

We need to be able to simulcast news off of other sites. Is there a game news site that has it in xml format? A lot of weblogs and PHPNuke systems have this option, then we could just pull the news off their sites.

Post links in this thread for game news sites that have content you'd like to see here. I'll check out if we can just grab it and display it here.

-----
Phillips Data
Web Hosting is Awesome
Old 12-16-2004

i like ur idea bob i think it could work we jus need more global mods. That way we can do stuff on the forums without having it all on paul's shoulders. but overall i like the idea bob nice post!!
Old 12-16-2004

Send a message via AIM to Caboose Send a message via MSN to Caboose

Great idea, nothin else to it.
Old 12-16-2004

Yeah it'd be awesome to be able to play space invaders AND look at game news at same time.. I feel like an arcade whore now.. :O
Old 12-16-2004
Super Moderator

I don't care too much for the idea of taking game news from other sites. I think we should have game news that is more relevent to this community. After all, you can go anywhere and find news, but you come to PDG for what we offer. Now, I'm not saying we should shun everyone else's gaming needs; I have them too *cough* PS2 *cough*, but we can't simply reference someone else's work.

Instead, I offer two alternatives:
1). Find a minimum of 3 writers. These writers will make up the PDG press. Their duties will be to inform the PDG community of relevent gaming news. Of course, these writers will have to be accomplished in their work. This means no typos.

2). Create a section of PDG forums dedicated to game news. Members could freely post links to other sites, or write their own gaming news/reviews.

Personally, I favor the second idea as it is much more managable and... well, to state plainly: no one here can type worth a shoelace.
Old 12-17-2004

Send a message via AIM to Hi BOb

well typos are my thing so I'm not cut out of the job huh
Old 12-17-2004
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to RoDenT Send a message via AIM to RoDenT

what i was thinking of doing is getting the rss feed from steam so we get updated news right when they update it.

I Like Spinning In Chairs
Old 12-17-2004
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kitch

I think its a good idea, but should only be relevent towards what PD Gaming offers. CS/CS:S/HL/TF:S/Steam news to be more exact. But at the same time, if anything major happens in the CS community, its usually posted on the forums...at least it was back when there WAS news to post, and everything was more active

http://www.pdgaming.com/csstats/player.php?id=5

My current(and most likely crappy) stats

Fatal Session Error: 137: Can't open file: 'pstats_sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145) =(