Calendar Member List FAQ
PD Gaming

Today's Posts | New Posts  
PD Gaming > Just About Anything > General Discussion » Going to College.

Old 03-21-2005

Send a message via AIM to InVinCiBLe
Default Going to College.

I have just received my UC admissions and so far, I have gotten into Irvine, Davis, and Merced. I have also gained admission into Drexel, a private school in Philadelphia(They are giving me $10000 in scholarship money). Currently, I am debating on whether to go to Davis or Irvine. My friends are all going to Davis because it is close to home up in the Bay Area. I want to get away from it all and go to Irvine. During the campus visit at Irvine, I had a really good feeling about the school. The people were friendly, the buildings were contemporary, and the school does rank in the top 10 in the nation for my major(Biological Sciences). HM and MX, can you tell me some ups and downs about Irvine and the surrounding environment, because I am really considering taking the So-Cal path.

I am still awaiting the decision from USC.

THX. Senioritis is great; and I am so excited about college!

PS- If anyone else would like to share their admissions, please feel free to post because I want to hear about other's opinions and experiences.
Old 03-21-2005

my sister goes to irvine she says its a really nice place but they really need a new mascot...i mean come on the how intimidating is an anteater? it eats ants for gods sake
Old 03-21-2005
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MaStEr~X

Downs: Smog. Immense crowds. Crappy roads, congested freeways and exteremly, extremely crappy drivers. Much more too, but no time to post that.

Ups: You can be within 40 miles of MaStEr~X at all times.

mx =
AIM: whsmasterx OR splashtagular
OR text message the entry, "soulbegone" to the number "666"
Old 03-21-2005
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to HostMaster

UPs: You can tell all your friends you live in "The OC".. but anyone who has lived here for a while would never say that.

DOWNs: Median home price is over half a mil, which means rents are on the rise as well. Overpopulation. I've found that whenever you visit a community that is overpopulated, an increasing number of the people in that community appear to be retarded. Its sort of like how the rain brings out retarded drivers who have not even the slightest understanding of basic physics.

-----
Phillips Data
Web Hosting is Awesome
Old 03-21-2005
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Hooters

Yea but well UOP is greater than all.. Or wait sure... I think maybe... Well what ever go greek and have fun, college is well college you only have 4 years to participate (though some have longer if they participate too much or are just insaine and do all that profesional school stuff).
Old 03-21-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStEr~X
Downs: Smog. Immense crowds. Crappy roads, congested freeways and exteremly, extremely crappy drivers. Much more too, but no time to post that.

Ups: You can be within 40 miles of MaStEr~X at all times.
Maybe because of all the Asians... Hey, I'm Asian, so you can't call me a racist. BTW, I think that I'm a great driver.
Old 03-21-2005

Personally, I think that UOP has the ugliest campus in all of the schools that I have visited. It is in the middle of the ghetto, cowland, and nowhere. Also, the campus looks like it is 200 years old and that they don't even bother to remodel any of the buildings. When I went to visit, they had something where the students threw pumpkins all over the floor. YAY! Let's go cowtipping so they can't get up and die!

THX
Old 03-22-2005
Sand Dweller

Send a message via AIM to Semper Fi

ROFL HM yea I know what you mean. However I think snow and ice brings that out even more. I dont know how many times I have seen someone stop while trying to go up a hill covered in ice and then try to start again. ROFL it is so funny sometimes. I seems that anything on the road that can cause a lack of perfect traction means that there will be ppl on the road who think they can drive when really they dont have a clue what they are doing.
Old 03-22-2005
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to RoDenT Send a message via AIM to RoDenT

Downs: Everything MX mentioned...we cannot emphasize more about the crappy drivers...its horrible. *cough* Asians *cough* and dont forget all the stuck up bitches in beamers lol.

Ups: Closer to the server =P

I Like Spinning In Chairs
Old 03-22-2005
Super Moderator

My best friend from Texas came here once when it was pouring, and she was telling me about how everyone was like going 80 when the road was like slick as hell. She didn't get to visit me because she had to help this lady who was pinned between her car and the guardrail by another truck. Damn California drivers.