Calendar Member List FAQ
PD Gaming

Today's Posts | New Posts  
PD Gaming > Counter-Strike Source [65.58.242.21:27015] > Counter-Strike Source Discussion » Admin Commands

Old 09-03-2006
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to RoDenT Send a message via AIM to RoDenT

thank you for your advice on how i run the admins, but there was only one example in that post mx posted about abuse with an admin performing a command on another admin. There is no way the other admins would not know who did it. Even if i said admins should not perform commands on other admins without posting the command itself, everyone would know who it was.

Now if there were multiple commands done by different admins, that is a different story. Or if we didn't post the commands themselves and just saw who it was without publicizing it, i would keep him anonymous. But there was no point in being anonymous here as he was the only one who issued a command on another admin in this example. I don't know if other admins have been doing it.

Shanky is a great admin. It was just one foul up, big deal.

I Like Spinning In Chairs
Old 09-04-2006

Send a message via AIM to chrisharper23 Send a message via Yahoo to chrisharper23

Screw that! Open the fires and let people burn!!!!!! hahaha
Pentium D 830 3.0 Oc'd 3.6ghz | 961mhz FSB | 4x512MB DDR2 533mhz 4200 dual channel| MSI 7800GTX OC'd 522/1440 | Asus P5LD2 | 36GB Raptor | 160GB WD | 250GB WD | Big Typhoon HSF | XG Dragon | 3dmark05-8246 3dmark06-5037
Old 09-06-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisharper23 View Post
Screw that! Open the fires and let people burn!!!!!! hahaha
the voice of pure evil
Old 10-01-2006
Muffin

Send a message via AIM to COM | T3h1337rMuffin! Send a message via MSN to COM | T3h1337rMuffin!

hmmm. OK. That was 5 pages long. WOW. Im blind now. Rodent, can you shoot me now. Please. Ill wait here until you do. Prefferbly with a de, or awp. Something quick and painless.

Ok, now the comment from my wise wise nonsence opinionated self.

Admin commands - be responsible for what you do.... In other words expect retaliation for it. Good work = praise. Bad work = host beating the snot outa you with his keyboard and maybe even the occassional flying mouse.

Also, why am I, Host, Rodent, and a couple others the only ones using ma_say, and ma_csay to advertise the server and pdgaming. Whats going on . there should be a quota here. Admins arent only for keeping the server clean, fun, and filled, they should be supporting the server sponsor. Especially since thats where your admin comes from, and the server also comes from.

-please visit pdgaming.com and sign up for the forums. Proudly sponsored by Philips Data -

Now is that too hard to say?

ps( I wouldnt say the goal is to cut down the admin talk, its good. MA_chat shows active admins. And athority. ALso a way for admins to commicate with each other. I dont see any problem using it frequently if called for. Especially with people acting up or getting lippy.
Old 10-01-2006

Send a message via AIM to chrisharper23 Send a message via Yahoo to chrisharper23

IMO I have no problem with MA_chat, its just another tool that lets admins communicate back and forth without having to allow other players to see. Not so much that they are ghosting, just its like we have more power and priviledges than regular players, so why not be able to talk back and forth?
Pentium D 830 3.0 Oc'd 3.6ghz | 961mhz FSB | 4x512MB DDR2 533mhz 4200 dual channel| MSI 7800GTX OC'd 522/1440 | Asus P5LD2 | 36GB Raptor | 160GB WD | 250GB WD | Big Typhoon HSF | XG Dragon | 3dmark05-8246 3dmark06-5037