Calendar Member List FAQ
PD Gaming

Today's Posts | New Posts  
PD Gaming > Feedback > Server Suggestions » Server Suggestion

Old 12-17-2004

Send a message via AIM to Hostagedown Send a message via MSN to Hostagedown

I like the admin system (didnt read it all but was there a "recruit admin" tier? if not might wanna add) also as far as giving money advantages to arcrade people i dunno =/. When i join a server and play on it randomly if I saw other people with more money than me just cause they logged onto a forum I would be like "scrue this im going to go find another server". As far as happy hour i think it would be interesting but maybe not as an everyday thing maybe like a once a week thing. Just my opinions though.
Old 12-17-2004
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MaStEr~X

I don't really see why we would need, "West Coast/California" in the server name for the players to see before they connect. I don't know about anyone else, but I always check for lowest ping before I pick a server and pdgaming will have one of the very lowest.

All arcade games stats, should there be money implemented into the game for arcade champions, would be reset pretty often.

mx =
AIM: whsmasterx OR splashtagular
OR text message the entry, "soulbegone" to the number "666"
Old 12-17-2004
Super Moderator

We wouldn't want people from NYC to be turned away from playing in our server simply because it is located in California. It's going to have one of the best pings, that's all that should matter to people.

As for the money thing... I don't know about any of you, but I'd rather spend my free time playing CSS than trying to outscore Master~X at some Atari 2600 game for a few extra bucks.

If any rewards should be given, they should be for most headshots with a knife, and the reward should be $1.27.
Old 12-17-2004

Send a message via AIM to Hi BOb

rewards? Now it sounds like we will be begging people to join our servers. Guys we havn't even started the server up maybe just maybe we don't need to waste thoughts. Most people dont like rewards ( yea I know weirdos ) but most people just want to kill some people in a good clean fast server. Just keep that in mind before you think to hard over nothing.
Old 12-22-2004
Sand Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaStEr~X
I don't really see why we would need, "West Coast/California" in the server name for the players to see before they connect. I don't know about anyone else, but I always check for lowest ping before I pick a server and pdgaming will have one of the very lowest.

All arcade games stats, should there be money implemented into the game for arcade champions, would be reset pretty often.

i also look at ping first but there are those people out there that look for local servers. i have done it in the past. if i'm playing a game and i see an SF server i will usually check it out because i know my ping will generally be lower then any other server i look at plus i can talk to people from my area.

as far as the arcade points transfering into the server i don't like the idea at all. anything that unbalances the game will drive people away. even if its only a few hundred $$ some people will get annoyed and leave. i know i personally would not want to play somewhere, where someone else has an instant advantage over me.
Old 12-23-2004
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kitch

I've semi-done the same, like if I have a decision between 2 low-ping servers, but one of them has "San Jose" or some location somewhat close, I'll pick that one since I know the ping will be constant.

But it also adds clutter to the name. I see server names like "[OMGCOOLCLAN] OfIficiAL sUrveR - HostTEd by ULTRASERVERS.NET SUpR hoSts - de_dust 24/7"

Which just looks idiotic

http://www.pdgaming.com/csstats/player.php?id=5

My current(and most likely crappy) stats

Fatal Session Error: 137: Can't open file: 'pstats_sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145) =(
Old 12-24-2004

Send a message via AIM to Hostagedown Send a message via MSN to Hostagedown

I agree with Bob... rewards =/