Calendar Member List FAQ
PD Gaming

Today's Posts | New Posts  
PD Gaming > Counter-Strike Source [65.58.242.21:27015] > Application for Admin » NOt anOther application for admin!!

Old 11-07-2005
Sand Dweller

Default NOt anOther application for admin!!

1. What’s up, my friends call me, Greg.
2. I use the game name of ph33r.
3. I've probably been gaming for about 3yrs. Dam, come to think of it, I really sucked ass in 1.6. I was lucky to get 1:1. Now that CSS has consumed my life, I can hold my own weight.
4. I've been playing on the pd server for more then 3mths. I am a regular; most of the kids have seen my name. Friends come and go, but I’ve managed to keep a few, such that, I’ve been recruited onto ghost.
5. Unfortunately, I have never been an admin.
6. I want to be an admin to this server because i can hold down the fort. If any wankaahs come in and act all daryl-lick, then I can use the power of god’s words and strike deep into the evil of nubbage. I am fair and respectable others, and during the odd of hours of the day, when all the admin’s are away, I am on. Consideration is appreciated.
Old 11-07-2005
G-Man

I dont really like the last part about striking the fear of you into them, and you have never been an admin.
Old 11-07-2005

Send a message via ICQ to Liggy Send a message via AIM to Liggy

man, I was all jazzed about hearing another admin app... up until
Quote:
I’ve been recruited onto ghost.

That killed it right there!
Old 11-08-2005

Send a message via AIM to Hi BOb

haha hey ph33r I seen you just yeasterday. I just wanted to say that you are a regular. play on odd hours? whats that mean like every 2 hours on odd hours you play? * btw ALOT of the admins play under cover *
Old 11-08-2005
Sand Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homizide
I dont really like the last part about striking the fear of you into them, and you have never been an admin.
True to that. I can understand the point of view of your premise. But when there's a full server consumed with a variety of notorious campers, high pingers, and excessive lanner's, with a occasional hacker, then I feel as if something should be said in a form of warnings, and if it proceeds further, then something can be done about it. Well, we all have stepping stones to something new to us, and although i have never been an admin, I feel that I gain positive experience on pd. But, im not here to beg, if you think that I can do a decent job, then let a gamer know. thanks for checking this guy out....
Old 11-08-2005
Sand Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi BOb
haha hey ph33r I seen you just yeasterday. I just wanted to say that you are a regular. play on odd hours? whats that mean like every 2 hours on odd hours you play? * btw ALOT of the admins play under cover *

Odd hours of the day would consist of such time frames as 12-2-6pm, ranging anywhere within those hours. I have a few days where I get out of class at 2pm and I usually get a few games in before I have to study. Theatrically, it should be vice versa, study before gaming. But unfortunately it’s set as is. If there are uncover admins during the time frame provided above, then they are really shy about warning notorious campers and hackers (wallers or lanners). Follow me for a second, those asses who just sit in the back of spawn, with a ping higher then 150, and ratio 1:3, then I would like to be the one to say something when others do not. Don’t get me wrong, im legit, but I rarely see other admins keeping the server flowing.
Old 11-08-2005
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to RoDenT Send a message via AIM to RoDenT

lanning in my eyes is legit. The reason being because some people are roomies or goto college. Now if they are ghosting, telling eachother where another person is when another one of em is dead, then something will be done about it. Whenever campers are spotted, we let it go, unless it is excessive. Say a T camping somewhere when they need to plant the bomb. Thats not ok. But a CT camping on a defuse map is ok. Unless the bomb is planted. And admins are discouraged to use the powers as much as possible until it is absolutely necessary, that is why we usually dont do anyhting about campers, unless we feel it is excessive. If you see something you feel is wrong, please make a demo of it and give us a steamid and well investigate.

I Like Spinning In Chairs
Old 11-08-2005

if you do get the admin dont kick players with high ping. Im not too up on the technical mumbojumo, but ive heard HM say before that on the pd server players with high ping do not effect the connection of other players. Theres no lag created by players with high ping. At least this is what i remember him saying. HM if you read this would you please correct me so we can all be clear on the rules for players with high ping?
Old 11-08-2005
Sand Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDenT
lanning in my eyes is legit. The reason being because some people are roomies or goto college. Now if they are ghosting, telling eachother where another person is when another one of em is dead, then something will be done about it. Whenever campers are spotted, we let it go, unless it is excessive. Say a T camping somewhere when they need to plant the bomb. Thats not ok. But a CT camping on a defuse map is ok. Unless the bomb is planted. And admins are discouraged to use the powers as much as possible until it is absolutely necessary, that is why we usually dont do anyhting about campers, unless we feel it is excessive. If you see something you feel is wrong, please make a demo of it and give us a steamid and well investigate.
Well ok then, I was going to use the word ghosting, but i thought some ppl would mistake it for the ghost clan. Although, the implication is still there. That is the problem, there are too many ppl camping on the only two maps that pd provides, especically on dust (which is notorious for t camping) and dust2. There are some kids that neglect the objective, which i my eyes is boring. So, i feel as if it kind of a waste of time to demo campers, then just to say somehting about it. But, i guess from this application, there Is much to discuss. So, im decided to cancel the idea of admin and just bite my lip when i see campers, ghosters, or hackers. Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 11-08-2005

Send a message via ICQ to Liggy Send a message via AIM to Liggy

Teamspeak / Ventrilo for the lose