PD Gaming

Today's Posts | New Posts  
PD Gaming > Feedback > Admin Abuse » didnt like my clan name [J.E.W]

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006
G-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellydoughnut217
Holly christ! HM got angry AND he used a foul word!!! Im sooo saving this message. As to the topic of the tag J.E.W., the word jew is the same as the word christian or catholic. Its just a word that describes a person affiliated with that religion. Alot of people, for some reason, feel that the word Jew has negative connotations to it, however that is untrue. Ever jewish person i've met refers to themselves as a jew when asked their religion. The word jew is not derogative, it would only be derogative if their was some sort of modifier attatched, like dirty or something, but the word itself is in no way derogative. People need to realize this, it bugs me.
yes but why bring religion into CS?
Old 08-13-2006
Super Moderator

should this entire thread be deleted?
Old 08-13-2006

Hom, he brought religion into the thread so you can understand the word jew is not always a derogatory comment.
Old 08-13-2006
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Hooters
Lightbulb

Just a thought,

The word Jew is a derogatory slang from the WWII era in Germany and surrounding areas to describe people of Jewish decent. Saying Jew is not the same as saying Christian or Catholic. Saying Jewish is the same. Jew is like saying an African Amercian person is a Nigger or something of the sort, but it is over looked as not being as serious because the Jewish people are accustom to being called a Jew or using it in our current society as a shortend version because we in america like using shortened slangs. To me (I'm of Jewish Heritage) it is not disrespectful but from some Hard Line followers it can be. Personally I think there shouldn't be a problem if it is not used in a derogatory manor in relation to bringing down the religion or focusing on the hardships of the 1920's-1950's (approximate). The initials J.E.W. are fine, they stand for obviously something else, what it is I donno but it's not derogatory.

On a side note, Admins calm yourselves, just because your admin you don't have to flex your muscles because you're in there, look for haxors or people just being idiotic. The way I see it is that the Admin's job is to keep the server full, if people aren't seriously complaning or leaving because of what someone is doing then don't do anything about it. React if a reaction is needed otherwise just have fun! The goal of the server is to have fun, not conflict, and keep the server full and to attract players who are respectful and keep coming back to be "regulars" on the the server.

*steps down* So yea party on an be happy!
Old 08-13-2006

Send a message via AIM to chrisharper23 Send a message via Yahoo to chrisharper23

Congrats HOST, I was getting pissed at him but I can easily ignore things that people say, and the fact that Im 6'8 290 and they wouldn't say that to my face. But yeah we don't need flammers here disrespecting other players. Good call. I bit my tounge cuz I knew you would come in and lay the law down =) thanks =)
Pentium D 830 3.0 Oc'd 3.6ghz | 961mhz FSB | 4x512MB DDR2 533mhz 4200 dual channel| MSI 7800GTX OC'd 522/1440 | Asus P5LD2 | 36GB Raptor | 160GB WD | 250GB WD | Big Typhoon HSF | XG Dragon | 3dmark05-8246 3dmark06-5037
Old 08-13-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostMaster
Your right Jelly. What should have happened was this:

1. Admin asks GrapePopsicle to change his name.
2. GrapePopsicle changes his name.
3. GrapePopsicle post a thread asking why he cannot have JEW in his tag.
4. Admins ask him why he has it.
5. Admins determine on the forums if the purpose of the tag is discrimanatory or not.
6. Admins likely allow GrapePopsicle to use the name in the future.

What happened was this:

1. Admin asks GrapePopsicle to change his name.
2. GrapePopsicle whines and complains about it and throws a hissy fit.
3. Admin kicks GrapePopsicle.
4. GrapePopsicle logs on forums and post flames in multiple threads.
5. GrapePopsicle gets banned from forums and the game.

I think its obvious who is responsible for where we are at now.
Oh, no i totaly agree on what happened, and that he should be banned, i was just talking about the word jew lol.
Old 08-13-2006

Send a message via ICQ to Liggy Send a message via AIM to Liggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisharper23
Congrats HOST, I was getting pissed at him but I can easily ignore things that people say, and the fact that Im 6'8 290 and they wouldn't say that to my face. But yeah we don't need flammers here disrespecting other players. Good call. I bit my tounge cuz I knew you would come in and lay the law down =) thanks =)
hehe, that sounds funny.

I'd just kick you in the nuts then curbstomp you.
Old 08-13-2006

Quote:
I'd just kick you in the nuts then curbstomp you.
agreed, im not scared of the simple fact that you're 6'8 290 lbs ;D
Old 08-14-2006
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to RoDenT Send a message via AIM to RoDenT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooters

On a side note, Admins calm yourselves, just because your admin you don't have to flex your muscles because you're in there, look for haxors or people just being idiotic. The way I see it is that the Admin's job is to keep the server full, if people aren't seriously complaning or leaving because of what someone is doing then don't do anything about it. React if a reaction is needed otherwise just have fun! The goal of the server is to have fun, not conflict, and keep the server full and to attract players who are respectful and keep coming back to be "regulars" on the the server.

*steps down* So yea party on an be happy!
Every one of you needs to pay attention to Hooters on this one

I will not delete this thread, but I will close it. That way it can be read as a reference.

I Like Spinning In Chairs

Last edited by RoDenT : 08-14-2006 at 11:05 AM.
Closed Thread