PDA

View Full Version : anyone who plays Guild Wars

Hi BOb
05-31-2005, 07:07 AM
Hello,... does anyone here play Guild Wars? I got the game just yeasterday and I am on a pretty good start. My brother also got the game and I was playing with him the other day. I was wounding if anyone here plays it. Its a free online game with 1000s of people playing on the server. I never had lag or anything like that. if you like to join/help me or ask me about it IM me ( cS Hi BOb ) I'm on mosty all day.

thx,
BOb

Hi BOb
06-06-2005, 07:45 AM
I'll take this silent treatment as a no. Anyways I'm still not really to shut up.
since my brother got the game me and him have been collecting dyes... if you dont play the game dyes change your color of armor/weps. and they are very rare. People will pay crazy amounts for almost any kind of dye. There is a computer that will buy dye from you so up to 4k (lots lots lots of gold) most the guys you kill and items you get in the game is worth maybe 3 gold but if you get a black dye its worth more then 4k in gold. Me and my brother have 2 blacks 4 silvers 8 oranges and blah blah more (all the 7 colors). if anyone is still reading this get ready for more. The game is guilded wars and in guilded wars to can make a guild.daaa. me and my brother have made a guild and even got enough money for a cool cape that I made in the game. its called Dd or Dye Dealers. although we are pretty weak yet closing in on the level 10 alone we are not very good but with me and my brother togeather we make a powerful punch. I'm a ele./monk therefore I can do fire/water/eath/air magic and with the monk I can do holy damage and healing powers my brother on the other hand is a warrior/monk the warrior has awesome armor unlike that ele with weak armor. My brother takes most the hits and I get most the kills. I can make it rain fire hurting a good amount of people around the area and a few of a other good magic.. if your still reading this you might of found out I'm bord and have nothing better to do then just type ramdon things in my head.. back to guild wars. Dye is one thing we have. We dont have much anything else but dye is like colored gold in my eyes. with gold you can buy pretty much anything and everything you wnat to in the towns.(towns are like chat rooms more like and 1000s people play this game so when you get into a town there is 1-44 or less dis. each dis. of the town is full of people lets say your in a town and so is your friend but your in dis. 1 and hes in dis. 33 therefoe you will not see each other because your in a diffrent dis.) and in towns you can buy from the computer. I will sell dyes to the computer over the people because with high deman that prices of dyes go up. so if you sell it to the comptuer it will put the dye out of flow making more and more dyes wanted in that color. its much like the stock market. Another big thing I seen about this game is that levels dont really matter however higher the level more hp mana skills items will be more of a use and more damage will be inflicted. when the game starts your in a nice little town full of people from the USA and your chating lala. when you get outside its much of a peace full place with waterfalls and green hills flowing with a nice wind. but when you get farther in the game the devil looking thingys blow up the great wall that has held back the demon thingys then 2 years pass in a flash and your in a " hell hole " your in the city you started but there is demon thingys and monsters looking for a good fight on what was the city. The game is full of action and its not like a game you can just click and watch your guy kill them. its very hard in one fact that if your over your head you would have to go back to the city after to die. and when you go back to the city the whole land that you where in restartes with monsters and items. in the 1st part you look at your map and its like .. HEH its tiny! ( it takes like a day to go threw the whole thing) but when you go two years after in the story you look at your map and when you zooom out your like a small small small dot on a HUGE HUGE map. this game as you should know is free to play online and its a lot of fun the servers on the game are fast with maybe 3 sec waits to load the game and exit and load new worlds. No hackers and cheaters because most the info of the game and char are on they're servers you can just hack into your guy and copy all your good dyes and sell them. There is PvP and its pretty awesome and its not just the USa its china/europe also. but when you play your in american servers not they'res so laguage is not a problem in this game. this is also so swearing at all no spamming ( too fast ) and you cant even say " suck " in the game. you can travil in a guild of 8 people max but you can have 100s in a guild. no matter where your guild members on (if online only) you can IM them kinda like a IMer. The landscape is just awesome ( i'll get some pics up later ) and the game play is awesome. Guild Wars is one of the best games I ever played. however the game is still in the makings!! there not even done with the game. they fix bugs and stuff without turning servers of for hours and even you load the game alot of the time it downloads a new updates ( downloads take like 10 sec most ) and there are a few problems I have ran into. trees/rocks/people/ everything the eges are rough not the looking rough but if you walk next to them you get stuck and you have to back up and walk liek 4 feet around it so you dont get stuck. I think that the chat messager could get larger so that if you join a dis. this alot of spamers you can onll read one thing for about .01 sec and you have to scoll up to it to looks at anything anyone says. I think that they will update and fix a few bugs and few other things that need ad. I only payed 20.00 for the game(with help of a gift card from dad)at bestbuyand my brother payed 40.00 at best buy. I would tell anyone to buy this game. unlike all the other kind of games liek this its free online I only payed 20 and I dont have to pay ever again! .. ok so I talked a little I was bord but if you read that maybe you might of changed you mind about the game and get it and play with me and my bro. I hope you have somthing to tpye back this time.. good things not bob you spammer and things like that. as I said I'll get some pics up soon when I get home of school until then I'm sure you will still be reading this.

Hi BOb loged out... Hi BOb loged in...

I forgot to hit the "sumit reply" botten...

Kitch
06-06-2005, 08:25 AM
Semper would be proud of that post

Liggy
06-06-2005, 09:32 AM
I'll take this silent treatment as a no. Anyways I'm still not really to shut up.
since my brother got the game me and him have been collecting dyes... if you dont play the game dyes change your color of armor/weps. and they are very rare. People will pay crazy amounts for almost any kind of dye. There is a computer that will buy dye from you so up to 4k (lots lots lots of gold) most the guys you kill and items you get in the game is worth maybe 3 gold but if you get a black dye its worth more then 4k in gold. Me and my brother have 2 blacks 4 silvers 8 oranges and blah blah more (all the 7 colors). if anyone is still reading this get ready for more. The game is guilded wars and in guilded wars to can make a guild.daaa. me and my brother have made a guild and even got enough money for a cool cape that I made in the game. its called Dd or Dye Dealers. although we are pretty weak yet closing in on the level 10 alone we are not very good but with me and my brother togeather we make a powerful punch. I'm a ele./monk therefore I can do fire/water/eath/air magic and with the monk I can do holy damage and healing powers my brother on the other hand is a warrior/monk the warrior has awesome armor unlike that ele with weak armor. My brother takes most the hits and I get most the kills. I can make it rain fire hurting a good amount of people around the area and a few of a other good magic.. if your still reading this you might of found out I'm bord and have nothing better to do then just type ramdon things in my head.. back to guild wars. Dye is one thing we have. We dont have much anything else but dye is like colored gold in my eyes. with gold you can buy pretty much anything and everything you wnat to in the towns.(towns are like chat rooms more like and 1000s people play this game so when you get into a town there is 1-44 or less dis. each dis. of the town is full of people lets say your in a town and so is your friend but your in dis. 1 and hes in dis. 33 therefoe you will not see each other because your in a diffrent dis.) and in towns you can buy from the computer. I will sell dyes to the computer over the people because with high deman that prices of dyes go up. so if you sell it to the comptuer it will put the dye out of flow making more and more dyes wanted in that color. its much like the stock market. Another big thing I seen about this game is that levels dont really matter however higher the level more hp mana skills items will be more of a use and more damage will be inflicted. when the game starts your in a nice little town full of people from the USA and your chating lala. when you get outside its much of a peace full place with waterfalls and green hills flowing with a nice wind. but when you get farther in the game the devil looking thingys blow up the great wall that has held back the demon thingys then 2 years pass in a flash and your in a " hell hole " your in the city you started but there is demon thingys and monsters looking for a good fight on what was the city. The game is full of action and its not like a game you can just click and watch your guy kill them. its very hard in one fact that if your over your head you would have to go back to the city after to die. and when you go back to the city the whole land that you where in restartes with monsters and items. in the 1st part you look at your map and its like .. HEH its tiny! ( it takes like a day to go threw the whole thing) but when you go two years after in the story you look at your map and when you zooom out your like a small small small dot on a HUGE HUGE map. this game as you should know is free to play online and its a lot of fun the servers on the game are fast with maybe 3 sec waits to load the game and exit and load new worlds. No hackers and cheaters because most the info of the game and char are on they're servers you can just hack into your guy and copy all your good dyes and sell them. There is PvP and its pretty awesome and its not just the USa its china/europe also. but when you play your in american servers not they'res so laguage is not a problem in this game. this is also so swearing at all no spamming ( too fast ) and you cant even say " suck " in the game. you can travil in a guild of 8 people max but you can have 100s in a guild. no matter where your guild members on (if online only) you can IM them kinda like a IMer. The landscape is just awesome ( i'll get some pics up later ) and the game play is awesome. Guild Wars is one of the best games I ever played. however the game is still in the makings!! there not even done with the game. they fix bugs and stuff without turning servers of for hours and even you load the game alot of the time it downloads a new updates ( downloads take like 10 sec most ) and there are a few problems I have ran into. trees/rocks/people/ everything the eges are rough not the looking rough but if you walk next to them you get stuck and you have to back up and walk liek 4 feet around it so you dont get stuck. I think that the chat messager could get larger so that if you join a dis. this alot of spamers you can onll read one thing for about .01 sec and you have to scoll up to it to looks at anything anyone says. I think that they will update and fix a few bugs and few other things that need ad. I only payed 20.00 for the game(with help of a gift card from dad)at bestbuyand my brother payed 40.00 at best buy. I would tell anyone to buy this game. unlike all the other kind of games liek this its free online I only payed 20 and I dont have to pay ever again! .. ok so I talked a little I was bord but if you read that maybe you might of changed you mind about the game and get it and play with me and my bro. I hope you have somthing to tpye back this time.. good things not bob you spammer and things like that. as I said I'll get some pics up soon when I get home of school until then I'm sure you will still be reading this.

Hi BOb loged out... Hi BOb loged in...

I forgot to hit the "sumit reply" botten...

eyes.... bleeding.... must quote to survive....

Hi BOb
06-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Heres some pictures as I promised.

Hi BOb
06-07-2005, 07:38 AM
still will not shut up....
To start I will tell the hole start and mission you most do.
When you get the game you put in the two cds and get it and then no cds to play. you make a account useing the cd key you get in your cd case. When you get a email(of your choice) and password (of your choice) you can start to do more options you can change hot keys, video, sound, ex. Much like most games.
I put everything as high as it goes and go to the next step. Then I started to make my Char. much like alot of new games you can make your own guy. you can have diffrent haircuts/hair color skin color/face and male/female and the size from small to tall. However no matter girl or boy tall or small your power will not be any diffrent. After that I started to load the game 1st downloading the map ( only a few sec. ). When its all done you start to watch a movie. pretty much to some it up there is a kingdom that is under atk. and the line of def. needs help and the kingdom needs heros to help save everything from falling into the wrong hands. after that you find yourself in a nice peacful town full of people dacning/trading/buying/selling ex. Whenever you see a guy with " ! " above his head you know he has. The king has quest and mission for you to do to prove yourself worthy to be a hero for the kingdom. (the towns are full of wanta be heros) When you get a mission/quest you leave the town and go out side for a nice freash air. There are monsers always on the lerk as you can see them on your map on the top right of the screen. One of the main things you most do it find a diffrent professtion when you make a guy you pick what you want to be like a monk/warrior ex.
In the game you most have 2 profresstions to bet the game. you most talk to people with " ! " over there heads and do what they ask if you do it talk back to them and if its a monk mission to prove yourself worthy for a monk he will ask you " are you ready to be a monk " you dont have to say yes but if you do you forever a somthing/monk. When you get two professtions and a good deals of fighting and getting hold of the game you most go back to the town your started in ( hit m in the game find the city and click travel to get there no matter where you are.)
then you go to almost the same spot you started in and talk to the same guy with the 1st " ! " you seen. he will ask you " are you ready to leave behind everything? " if you say yes you CAN NOT EVER EVER come back to this small map. click yes and you get a 4 on 4 mach of people. fight the people no matter win or lose and you will have to do a little mission ( have to do it ) just kill one guys its easy. when you kill the guy a another little video comes up and if you watch it the bad guys found away to blow up the great walls that had held them from taking over the weak land. when the town walls are town its suddely two years after that your in the ruins of the 1st town you where in and in front of you is a town with alot of people in it. when you get into the town you can buy new armor/weps/ dyes /materials /storage/goods and other stuff if you have money to buy from the people trading in the town.

after this you can go into the ruins of the run down what was once the city so strong. theres stronger monsers and more rare iteams and much much more money to be hold. When you start to get farther you will noice people will get harder. more gold and better iteams will fall form high level monsters. when you look on your map you will find nothing to be the same everything has changed. before you could only go a little ways becaouse of the wall stopping to. Now that thats gone the map is about 3000 times bigger. and thats a big map.
When you start in the new world you mite need a guild of people or person. you can go to otwn and click on they're names and just click " invite " and if they accept it you now have a pard. then when you leave the town that guy you invited will be right next to you. if you do magic that hurts a area dont worry you cant hurt your guy or team mates. The longer you fight the more stuff you pick up the more stuff you pick up the better chance you got to get dyes and other rare iteams. you can sell anything and everything (but not quest iteams) in a town to the computer shops...
well I think that will do it for now if you need any more info on the game just post and I'll try to answer what you want about the game.
Hi BOb out.

Hi BOb
06-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Oh ya, and if you do have Guild Wars and you want to connect to me my screen name on the game is Ele Hi BOb .
-Thx.

Alt F4
06-19-2005, 07:40 PM
How much do they pay you to plug that game? Seriously. I don't think it's worth all that typing.

Liggy
06-20-2005, 01:01 AM
How much do they pay you to plug that game? Seriously. I don't think it's worth all that typing.

rofl.

The one thing I truly do like about it is the pay for the game and you can play without a monthly fee... but their whole "hope every 6 months to release an expansion that requires you to purchase if you want to advance" is still just as bad as a monthly fee.

Hi BOb
06-20-2005, 09:55 AM
you CAN still play the game after those. it just adds on the game new items ex. right now you can only be level 20 but that will keep you hapy for like a few months you can try every kind of char and have alot of fun without paying anything else then the game itself but I will forsure pay the addons just because I'm bob but I gusse we cant all be bobs heh

PD Gaming Database Error
Database Error Database error
The PD Gaming database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the pdgaming.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The pdgaming.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.